Friday, January 6, 2023

Did I Keep My Resolutions For 2022?

I try to set realistic goals and expectations from my year every single time I make up such lists and once the year ends it's fun to go back and see what I had planned, what I had promised myself, and how I actually performed through the entire year. With 2022 all done, let me look at what I had resolved for last year and see if I did good or failed! Here's a recap of my resolutions from 2022 ...


Love myself truly, madly, deeply
As far as self love goes I think I pretty much succeeded on this one. My relationship with myself is stronger and deeper than ever and yes I did love myself and take care of myself all year. SUCCESS!

Sort, sort, and sort some more
Ohhhhhh I truly succeeded on this one for sure. I sorted the linens closet and threw the loads of absolute trash mama had collected in it over the past decade. She didn't like me doing it but we have a linens closet back now and the bedsheets and towels don't have to stay forever out in everyone's rooms and random places. I also sorted and cleaned out some kitchen cabinets and made so much more space all around. That is all very good, but what I REALLY achieved was the grand garage cleaning project! I do plan on blogging some more about it sometime later too. SUCCESS!

Live in and for the moment
Another one I can say I succeeded at for sure. I lived for the moment and in the moment. I posted that picture when I wanted to, I wore that new shirt without waiting for an occasion, I really tried my best to deal with the now instead of worrying about later's what-ifs. I definitely took one day at a time. Literally. Just one day at a time. SUCCESS!

Find and break a bad habit
I did break several bad habits but not the one I had initially planned on when I had written my resolutions. So I think we can still call this a success? SUCCESS!

Become spiritually stronger
I'm going to be tough on myself about this one and based on the fact that I did not execute the plan I had in mine when 2022 began, I will say I failed this one. FAILED!

Don't advise unless asked
I'm having a tough time deciding this one. I did end up not showing unasked for concern to people who didn't deserve it nor appreciated it. So that should mean I was successful. But at the same time I couldn't keep my mouth shut where advice wasn't asked for and ended up getting harsh responses from crappy people. So that part was a failure. So I guess this one is an iffy situation. NOT SURE!

Shut my heart to haters
I have worked on this one and have achieved immense progress too. I have shut my heart to several people who don't spare a single good thought for me and my existence. It's not a 100% but I surely was successful. SUCCESS!

Lose weight, seriously!
I won't say I lost all my weight. But I won't say I lost none. I did lose weight but also gained weight. So this one is not really a success. I'm going to once again be tough on myself and say ... FAILED!

Try and learn something new
I ended up not learning how to alter my pajamas after all! *laughs* But I did try some new recipes which turned out great. I also tried wax sealing and fell in love with it. SUCCESS!

So out of the nine resolutions I had set up for myself I was successful with six, failed two, and one basically nobody knows of. Not bad at all right? I'm surprised because I had honestly thought I had done worse. Guess I was a good girl after all! Now time to write down my resolutions for 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment