Thursday, October 13, 2016

Doodling With My Darling

You must be really really lucky because right now you're witnessing an abstract masterpiece by a maestro. Yes, yes, you should truly mark this day down in history because oh what a fabulous piece of art you have in front of you. It is not one in a million, it is one and the only one of its kind. It is the most beautiful, the most awesome, the most perfect. It is the joint work of my baby niece Gubby, Abbie Bua, and Beeya (me!). *laughs*

The day I'd bought my laptop after countless and endless discussions about it with Abbie and bro, I hadn't known that the touch screen on it would one day be used by Gubby darling. She is turning two this November. The terrible twos, as they say, are settling in and her tantrums have gradually been becoming scarier and more dangerous. One such tantrum resulted in me switching on my laptop, bringing up Paint, and letting her doodle using the touch screen. It was a desperate attempt to save myself from Gubby's crying which slowly picks up pace these days resulting in mean questioning looks from her parents. Hey, I love the kid, okay? She's throwing a tantrum, it's not me, I swear. Abbie and I both joined in once we found the crying had safely turned into adorable giggles and sounds like 'wowwww' and 'oh' and 'me draw'. Once Gubby was done I finished the masterpiece off by doodling our names on it and saved it forever on my laptop. Best drawing ever, hello!


The one above resulted from Gubby being obstinate about wanting to draw 'moah' (more!). I let her doodle some more before SIL took her to eat some food and then saved her second drawing too. These drawings are going to stay as super awesome memories with me forever. In fact I am planning to get the first one printed for our fridge and for scrapbooking too. It is going to be so adorable on our fridge and perfect in a scrapbook. Doodling with my darling was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again. Who knew my laptop's barely used touch screen would come in handy like this and create some of the most precious Auntie memories of my life! *insert endless smooches for Gubby here*

4 comments:

  1. Is Gubby really two already? Time sure does fly. How lucky that she was born into the age of touch-screen. You don't have to carry around many different colored crayons, which can get lost, and some paper to keep your precious one occupied. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, she turned two this past weekend! :D The touch screen drawings help me whenever she throws a tantrum and I'm not near pen and paper :D

      Delete
  2. omg sara blogs!!! I was missing abbie's blog and I found this little gem. and this post was just too heart warming. I love love kids and especially the joys a niece and nephew gives it's just out of this world. She is a pure maestro, that art is one of it's kind you are absolutely right about that. We are so lucky to have seen it. made me so so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Asmaaaaaaaaaaaaa! So glad you found me and my blog! :D Do stay in touch please!

      Delete