Tuesday, April 25, 2017

United States of Deliciousness ~ Patriotic Hearts and Pinwheels


Along came the fourth of July one day and I set about to bake something red, white, and blue to celebrate the United States of America. Cupcakes! The perfect sweet little lovelies that make any celebration brilliant. I baked chocolate cupcakes, piped vanilla buttercream swirls over them, and decorated them with beautiful fondant toppers in colors of red, white, and blue. My cupcake toppers were hearts and pinwheels - super cute and super pretty!

For all of my heart shaped cupcake toppers I marbled some red, white, and blue fondant and then cut out heart shapes out of it. It was beautiful! The hearts, of course, conveyed the love perfectly. My favorite part about these marbled fondant cupcake toppers was how the random mix of colors contributed to each and every heart being very unique and pretty!

See what I mean? Every single one of the hearts looked different and had a different colorful design on it. I didn't even have to do anything to achieve the variation ... so beautiful! Time to show off close ups of these pretties!

The colors were so vibrant!

Loved the faded color mixing too much!

Gorgeous, isn't it? ... and one more!

See how beautiful each heart was?

In addition to the hearts I also made these pinwheel shaped toppers. The idea had been pinned on my Sara's Bake Or Die Trying List since a while then and I was really eager to try them out. I thought these fourth of July cupcakes were the perfect occasion to try them out so I did and look at how pretty and fun they turned out to be!

For this pinwheel I chose solid colors and kept it simple and pretty!

On the other pinwheels I used some more marbled fondant to add more design and beauty. They matched the hearts too bringing together everything under a pretty patriotic theme!

Both the marbled and the plain fondant pinwheels turned out so adorable! They were gorgeous cupcake toppers - I could use these for so many more different kinds of occasions!

I embellished the pinwheels with some white pearls and they looked beautiful!


Here's a close up of the cupcake wrappers. Of course, whenever I bake up a theme I make sure every single bit of the baked creation matches. I chose red, white, and blue colored wrappers. They looked so pretty!

Yes, yes, I know I showed them off already but hey, they're so pretty I just can't get over them!

God bless America! God bless my passion for baking and cake decorating! God bless Sara's Baked Creations and all my awesomeness! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Oh what a beautiful batch of patriotic cupcakes! Patriotism never tasted so sweet and looked so beautiful before!


All the mouth-watering pictures in this post are original Sara's Baked Creations' content. Please have some shame and refrain from copying, recreating, and cheating without giving proper credit and mention!
Sara’s Baked Creations is on Mission Sweetness! Sara and Abbie are hobby bakers who bake for friends and family only. We are not a commercial bakery business; it gives us joy to spread smiles while enjoying sisterhood and living our passion for baking.


Connect with me and the awesomeness of Sara's Baked Creations everywhere!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our Instagram!
Visit the website!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge that I'm participating in this year!

10 comments:

  1. These look amazing!

    Dropping by from the A to Z Challenge
    http://www.notesinabook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful. I bet they taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted delicious too, yes :D Thank you so much Jacqui!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love the marbled hearts, each one so unique.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Ugli Fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hearts were my favorite too! Loved how sophisticated and elegant the marbling looked :D
      Thank you for stopping by and writing to me!

      Delete
  4. I felt as if I should stand and salute while reading this. Those hearts are quite awesome. God bless America (and you and your baking skills.)
    ----------

    Eli@CoachDaddy

    U is for Unconventional Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Like I said before, you have some of the best compliments for all of my baked creations! Thank you so much! Thanks a lot! It means a lot to me when somebody appreciates! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow - those look fantastic! They're almost too pretty to eat (although it probably wouldn't stop me)!
    Lisa / Tales from the Love Shaque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't stop us either! Hahaha! :D
      Thank you so much for appreciating Lisa!

      Delete