Monday, April 1, 2019

Accio Potterheads


Accio Potterheads!!!
I'm calling all Potterheads to join me on my blog this April as the Blogging from A to Z Challenge kicks off. Today is officially the first day and my first post for Potterific A to Z - another excuse of mine to celebrate and honor the best fandom in the universe, the fandom that has become my lifestyle, my life line, and my life support system. *wipes away a happy tear*

Harry Potter, my lovelies, is everything to me. It is not just the name of a book series, it is not just the story about some boy who knew magic, it is not just some exceptionally popular set of movies, it is not ordinary at all. To me, Harry Potter means acceptance, love, respect, belonging. It means magic, bravery, friendship, courage. It means my entire childhood, my teenage, my entire life ... it is, just like Tom Riddle said, my past, my present, and my future. Harry Potter is everything. Harry Potter is life!


I still remember the first time I was introduced to J.K. Rowling's magical words. It wasn't until the third book had come out that we found out about Harry Potter. Dad brought three books home one day on his way back from a work trip. He gave one to each one of us: the Sorcerers Stone to me, the Chamber of Secrets to my brother, and the Prisoner of Azkaban to my sister. We were nearing our final exams and so I had to wait until summer break began before I got a chance to read mine. When I was finally through with exams I picked up my book and flipped it open. "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." Back then I did not know that I'd be reading these words over and over again, that I'd be returning to these magical books no matter where I went and what happened in my life.

At the same time, Abbie began her book too, (my brother ignored his), and she realized the books were sequels to each other. And so she asked me for my Sorcerers Stone so she could read it first. I gave it to her and waited patiently until it finally came back to me. For several days Abbie said she would read the book out to me (big sister problems, hahahahahaha!) but because I'm not the audio books kind it never really sank in until I had it in my own hands and my eyes hungrily devoured each page word by word. I just did not know what had happened. A book had never touched me this way before. The book had real magic in its pages. The book was the best book I had ever read.




Happy World Book Day! 📖 Today’s the perfect day to especially mention the one book that changed my life forever - that changed a lot of people’s lives forever ... Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone! ⚡️ Yes. The book that started it all. When the magic began, to never ever cease, to exist ALWAYS! ❤️ Jk Rowling has touched our lives with her words, penetrated deep into our hearts, and created for us an alternate universe where we can all feel love, peace, and happiness! ⚡️ This book, this piece of magic, this beautifully written story has cast the Lumos spell in my life and will forever continue to bring me light in the darkest of times! ⚡️ RAISING A BUTTERBEER TOAST IN HONOR OF THE POTTERVERSE! 🍺 〰️〰️〰️ You know on a side note I noticed something funny! World book day is today for those in the UK but in April if you Google the US. Strange, since it is supposed to be a ‘world’ day. But since the magic began in the UK it makes sense for me to post this today even though I’m in the US! 😁 〰️〰️〰️ #worldbookday #bookstagram #booksofinstagram #shinyhappybloggers #blog #blogging #lblog #lblogging #lifestyle #pictureoftheday #lifestyleblogger #bloggingcommunity #blogandbeyond #bloggerlife #bloggersofinstagram #harrypotter #pottergram #potterheadchronicles #potterhead #potterheads #hogwarts
A post shared by Saraallie (@saraallie) on

Back then I could not explain why I had fallen in love with this book more than I'd ever loved a book before. Back then I could not explain why Harry Potter was so unique and special. But even then I knew it was extra ordinary. Then the fandom just exploded around me. It was like a portal opened up and swallowed me completely. I was hit with books, plot twists, movies, merchandise, so so much. The Harry Potter phenomenon took me in and I embraced it with open arms ...

I became a Potterhead. I helped find and save the Sorcerers Stone from Voldemort, I helped find the Chamber of Secrets and helped destroy Tom Riddle's diary, I helped acquit Sirius Black, I witnessed the return of Voldemort after an intense Triwizard Tournament, I was part of the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army, I went on the Horcrux search with Harry and Dumbledore and then shed tears over his funeral, I traveled far and wide to locate Voldemort's Horcruxes and then helped destroy them too. I was there. I was at Hogwarts. I was right there ...

And now, when the story has been completed to perfection, I continue to stay loyal to the Potter fandom because it continues to stay loyal to me. The addiction, the madness, the love has only grown over time. I own and adore a very proud Potterific collection of merchandise in my room's Potterhead Corner, the books and movies live in my heart, and the fandom shows in my everyday lifestyle. I can't think of a world without Harry Potter, to be honest. At least, I think, I won't be able to exist in it.

Hogwarts shall always be there to welcome me home!
Potterhead 'Always'.
Harry Potter forever!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

6 comments:

  1. i just found out last night that derek and juliana hough had cameos in the first movie. did you know that? g'luck with your theme!!

    Joy at http://www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I didn't. I had to Google who they were too hahahahahaha! I'm not into dancing, clearly! :D
      Thanks for wishing me luck!

      Delete
  2. I love that moment when a book just speaks to you. I love Harry Potter :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True trueeee, very true <3
      Harry Potter forever!!!

      Delete
  3. Ahh Harry Potter, how I love thee. I remember when the movies came out I was to little to be able to read them so my sister had to read them outloud to me. Now I am huge potter fan and she tolerates me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssssss, high five fellow Potterhead!!! So happy to have you stop by my blog!
      I hope you will follow the rest of my posts too :D

      Delete