Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Chocolate Frogs ~ My Ever Growing Collection

"Oh, of course, you wouldn't know — Chocolate Frogs have cards inside of them, you know, to collect — famous witches and wizards. I've got about five hundred, but I haven't got Agrippa or Ptolemy." - Ron Weasley

"It is just a chocolate, there's no way we're buying that!" I cringed as I heard a Muggle parent disappoint their child at Honeydukes. She then marched off to make faces at several other magical things. I remember Abbie telling me she wished she could gift the child a box right there and wipe the sadness off their face in an instant. Of course we couldn't do that. If there's one thing I have learnt in life it is to never interfere when Parenting 101 is going on! *laughs*

Me opening my chocolate frog inside Honeydukes - I got Helga this time!

No, it is not just a tiny ordinary little chocolate wrapped in a fancy packaging. It is actually a super delicious treat, very generously sized, and the box is just to die for!!! The chocolate is really really good quality - I'm talking rich and velvety. Mmmmmm .... Abbie and I buy at least one or two each time we visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We collect the cards and the boxes. And guess what we do with the chocolate frogs? We save them. We bring them back home untouched and then keep them for special occasions. It is starting to become a tradition of ours to break into our frog when the new year begins. Other times when we've indulged in our chocolate frogs include birthdays or extra special happy moments. We chop up our frog into pieces because we aren't like those other lucky folks who eat their frogs directly by biting their heads off. We are forever weight conscious thanks to plump genetics so we can't consume the entire frog in one go. We like to keep our frog, cut up into chunks, in a glass candy jar and it is such fun to eat out of it. Every single bite we take is like a connection to the Wizarding World. It's like we can't be there but this is the closest as it can be.

Today I'm showing off my Chocolate Frogs' Wizard Cards Collection. Thanks to multiple visits to the Wizarding World I have started a good collection of the wizard cards over the past few years. The only little trouble is that I got multiple repeat ones so I still don't have them all.

The first few times all we got was Helga Hufflepuff. I kept one the first time. The second time Abbie kept it. The third time (and I smacked my head!) we decided we'd put it in the Harry Potter scrapbook we intend to create someday. Then we went again and this time I was jubilant to see Albus Dumbledore in my hands. I literally cried. I got tears. Like, for real. I was certain I was going to get another Helga but when Dumbledore popped out I just couldn't control myself. Next I got the Hengist of Woodcroft - the person who started the village of Hogsmeade. It was a unique card to have and I was delighted to have it.

The Wizarding World isn't the only place they have Chocolate Frogs, although the authentic movie-replica ones are only found there. We found these different looking Chocolate Frog cards at Lolli and Pops and loved them so much we have started a collection there too. These Chocolate Frogs are way smaller than the WW ones, and rather flatter too. The cards are rectangle shaped unlike the pentagon shaped ones at the WW but they're pretty cool. I got Rubeus Hagrid the first time I opened one and Salazar Slytherin the next. Abbie has her beloved Gilderoy Lockhart and Godric Gryffindor.




A post shared by Saraallie (@saraallie) on

Whether they're the Chocolate Frogs at the Wizarding World or the ones we get on our Bestie mall days from Lolli and Pops, it's exciting to see which cards you get! Of course, because of how magical the air around you is when you're at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, their Chocolate Frogs have a very very very special place deep inside my heart. Oh and not to forget at all, their taste is far superior to any other. Maybe it is the 70% Finest Croakoa ... it's just too delicious.

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment