Monday, April 20, 2020

Dear Qizilbash Cauldron Cakes, I Love You!


Dear Qizilbash Cauldron Cakes,

I am writing this letter today to confess my love. From the moment I first saw you there was a spark. It was in Honeydukes. We were in queue to check out with the Chocolate Frogs we had just bought when I first saw you in the glass case full of delicious treats. I was mesmerized by your glorious looks. You stunned in vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds. It was a gorgeous contrast against Honeydukes's peppermint green. It reminded me of fire - hot blazing beautiful fire. I simply couldn't take my eyes off of you.


That was the first time I noticed you but there were not enough days left for me to convince Abbie to take you home. We had some flavors at Florean's left for us to try and we really couldn't miss out on those. So that trip came to an end with your glorious self etched in my memories and my heart full of longing to meet you. 'Next time' was what we promised ourselves and until then I could spend each minute, every second of my life waiting for you, thinking of how our first ever meeting would be.

It was the thirty first of December of the year 2019 - the last day of the year. We'd finally made it to the Wizarding World after waiting for two very long years which had stretched like eternity. It had been a couple of days since we'd been having fun and enjoying the magic. We'd gulped down numerous Butterbeers and indulged in some of our most favorite flavors at Florean's. We'd even tried the Butterbeer Fudge at Sugar Plum's. It was finally the day we could indulge in something else, something new. That was the day we first met.


"One Cauldron Cake please! And please may we have two forks," Abbie told the person standing behind Honeydukes's glass case of sweets and desserts. They went back and returned a minute later. You were there, you and I were finally going to meet. We checked out and came outside to sit right next to Honeydukes, under one of its scrumptious displays. The spot on the floor was one of our favorites and it was the perfect place to finally get to know you. You came in a beautiful orange box. 'Qizilbash Quality Confectionery' it read against yellow scroll like designs and a purple cauldron's silhouette. It was gorgeous and definitely a collectible. Abbie and I couldn't get our eyes off the box.


Before we could even begin to unbox you, I had fallen in love with you. I immediately loved the colors of the box because I knew it would look beautiful in my Potterhead shelves back home. It was such a perfect bit of collectible to own and the deliciousness inside was a brilliant bonus. The first few minutes of our time together, I spent taking a million pictures of you. It was finally my moment. It was finally our moment. And then Abbie opened the box.


The lid flipped back to reveal the yellows, oranges, and reds that I had first fallen in love with. The air filled with your delicious scent. Rich was the first word that came to my mind. Magic was the second. You smelled divine. You smelled even better than you looked, if that was even possible. Before I even tasted your first bite I knew you were going to be intensely delectable. Something that smelled so heavenly had to taste incredibly flavorsome too. That spark I'd felt when I first saw you returned in my heart, only it had become ten times stronger.


But there was a minor delay before I could finally taste you. First I had to snap some more pictures. Our first meeting would be documented on my Instagram later for sure. So of course we needed to capture our memories in my camera. Second, some of your glory had gotten smeared on the insides of the box. I was going to keep it as a collectible so we had to make sure we wiped it clean as soon as possible. So Abbie worked on the box as I held you in my hands, breathing in your delicious scent. Once it was all done and settled, we grabbed a fork each. Our moment had arrived.


It hit me as the sweetest surprise ever. The taste! You tasted even more heavenly than your scent and even more glorious than your appearance. It was beautiful. Rich chocolate cake, the moistness of which soothed against my palette as I gulped you down. And the creamiest icing, the richness of which sent my senses straight to heaven. I had to close my eyes to take in the whole effect. As the snow covered rooftops of Hogsmeade disappeared from my view I focused entirely on the scrumptious flavors playing in my mouth. Oh dear. It was heavenly. You were heavenly. It was the start of a brilliant love affair.


Unlike what you'd expect from a treat coming from a glass case at such a place, you tasted fresh and real. It was as if you'd been freshly baked. The softness of the cake, the creaminess of the icing, the deliciousness of their combination. Bite after bite Abbie and I devoured you. There was a lot of icing and a lot of cake. If we hadn't been sharing, I'd probably have taken half of you home to finish later. The flavors in our mouth were so delicious that we couldn't even talk. We just ate in silence, taking in the serenity of the moment; Honeydukes's mint green display behind us, the busy Butterbeer barrel beside us, and Hogsmeade ahead of us. Wizards, witches, and Muggles went past. We sat there, enjoying ourselves to the fullest.


And that is how we first met. Before we ended our trip, we decided to get one more of you, because Abbie had to get one of those boxes for her own collection too. This time Abbie and I took you back to the hotel room for our nieces to enjoy the flavors too. We even ate you the next day for breakfast. Irresistible! Absolutely irresistible!

Before my trip I'd heard so many people talk about you. Some thought your icing was too much and hardly enough cake. Some thought you didn't taste as good as they'd have liked. Some thought it wasn't worth it to meet you. Some tried to trash you too. I am so glad I listened to nobody because you are truly a magical experience without which a trip to the Wizarding World would not be complete. Now that I've met you I don't think I can live without you. So here I am, confessing my love through this letter, and letting you know that since then I've spent every single day wishing I could meet you once more. I've spent every single day craving for that delicious taste again, that serene moment at Hogsmeade again ...

Longing to meet you again soon,
Love,
Sara

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment