Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Funko Time ~ My Potterific Funko Collection So Far

By law, it should be mandatory to give some kind of warning before showing somebody something THIS awesome. Am I right? *Wriggles eyebrows* This is my beautiful collection of Harry Potter Funko Pops as of today, April 7th 2020. I love it. Each and every single of these has something special associated with it! I don't just collect all the Funkos they release, instead I make sure I have something that means something to me. So today, each one of my Funkos has a memory associated to it or a reason why I decided to get it!

My current collection comprises of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Dobby, Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, Mad Eye Moody, Professor Snape, Professor Trelawney, Professor Lockhart, Argus Filch, Bellatrix, Newt Scamander, and Gellert Grindelwald. I've also recently bought Nymphadora Tonks, the 2020 Spring Convention Exclusive, but so far I haven't had a chance to unbox it so technically it isn't included in my collection yet.


I started my collection with none other than the famous Boy Who Lived - Harry Potter! I decided I wouldn't buy just any Harry, I wanted it to be something special. So the first Pop in my collection was Harry Potter with the Hogwarts Express. It was just too magical and stunning and I knew it was the perfect way to start my collection. After that, my second Pop was Mad Eye Moody. It was such a detailed Pop and just so awesome. Abbie surprised me with it on my birthday. I went to the washroom and suddenly began shouting and squealing because Mad Eye Moody was sitting on the counter top in a box!!! It was such a spectacular surprise ... a memory that's going to stay with me forever!


And then my collection just kept on increasing. I lost track of the order in which I collected these awesome Pops but I did not forget the sweet memories associated with each one of them. Take Professor Snape for example. I got myself Snape when I hosted my first ever Potterific July on Instagram. It was such a huge success and I got so much love from fans all around the world and I felt I deserved a gift! So I ended up gifting myself Snape's Funko Pop as a reminder of how awesomely my challenge had been received. Luna's Funko obviously had to be the one with the Spectrespecs because she's one of my most loved characters and that look is just iconic. Grindelwald came home to forever preserve the precious memories I made with Abbie as we got to watch Crimes of Grindelwald in theaters just a few days after it released.


Argus Filch was another convention exclusive Pop that I bagged. The fact that he came with Mrs. Norris made him just so special and I couldn't give up the chance to collect this one. Dobby was gifted to me by my friend Sania. On my twenty seventh birthday she left a package at my doorstep addressed to me - the room above the stairs - full of Potter themed cookies she'd made by herself. In it was Dobby too and I can never forget the tears welling up in my eyes when it sank in!

Ron and Hermione were initially supposed to be the ones in their Yule Ball dresses but then I decided I wanted them to be in their very original forms - as Hogwarts students. I wanted to get a Mandrake Pop and with the expressions Ron gives in that particular Herbology lesson it was just perfect to have Ron and the Mandrake version in my collection. As for Hermione, she's in her pure nerdy form, brewing the Polyjuice Potion ... could it be any more perfect than that?

Last year on my twenty eighth birthday I gifted myself Bellatrix. I'd made a beautiful Bellatrix themed cake for Abbie's birthday previously and it turned out to be so special that a Bellatrix Funko seemed like the perfect way to preserve the memory forever. So an year later I got my first ever Death Eater. She is my favorite one too!


A Harry Potter Funko collection could simply not be complete without Hagrid of course. So I got my supersized Hagrid Pop. I did not want it to be a regular Hagrid so I got the one that had Harry's birthday cake. That iconic cake ... now THAT is one fantastic addition to my collection! Professor McGonagall is one of my favorites too but instead of getting her original Pop I got the one where she's dressed up for the Yule Ball. I always wanted to get a Yule Ball Pop and to get the McGonagall special version was just perfect. It reminds me of the baboon quote! Hahaha! Professor Trelawney came home and got added to my collection because of how remarkably important she was for the plot of the story and also how awesomely detailed the Funko is!


A Quidditch Funko simply had to be in my collection and ideally I would have liked to get Harry in his Seeker's uniform. But I already had a Harry. So I got myself Ginny Weasley and that too her flying version. She flies in her Quidditch uniform on her broom with the Quaffle in hand. It's so well detailed and so perfect. She reminds me of the Ginny I love - the one I know from the books. So cool!

Professor Lockhart is one of those characters Abbie and I always always always laugh at. He's annoying in the books, yes, but in the movies he is hilarious! When they launched his Funko we knew it was coming home. Celebrity is as celebrity does! *annoying toothy smile*

And finally, Newt Scamander. He's our beloved Newt. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is our favorite. I don't care what people have to say about Fantastic Beasts not being Potter-worthy. Hmph. Haters gonna hate I guess. I love Fantastic Beasts and I love Newt Scamander and I love my Newt Funko Pop!

Isn't my Funko collection awesome? There're so many more Funkos I want to collect after these that I've ended up making a Harry Potter Funko Pop Wish List for myself. It never ends ... I keep updating it as I end up wanting more Pops. And for now, I'll go and try to find the perfect time to unbox my next: NYMPHADORA TONKS!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection! Funko must love all Potterheads. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sulewlu!
      Thank you :D Glad you love the collection!!! Can't wait to collect more :D

      Delete