Thursday, April 16, 2020

New Ride Idea for the Wizarding World

The thing with the Wizarding World is that no matter how much magic you keep giving to us, us Potterheads will just never have enough. We'll always want more. We'll always demand more. We'll always need more. You give us a book, we'll need another. Give us a movie and we'll demand a sequel. Give us a theme park and we'll ask for an extension. Give us the extension and we'll continue asking for more rides and shops and merchandise and experiences and shows and and and and and anddddddd .....


Each and every single time something new is announced the excitement is out of control. I don't know how to sit still in one place. I want to know all about it, I want to see it, I want to experience it!!! Currently, I'm waiting for more news on the Potter store they've promised to open in New York City. I have a feeling it will be delayed due to the whole virus situation going on in the world out there. So while I wait, I ask myself this: If I could suggest what the next new ride should be at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter what would I say?

OKAY. Here's my idea! Fasten your seat belt folks, because this is going to be AWESOME.
I think the next new ride at the Wizarding World should be themed around - none other than - our very own, our very favorite, our darling Luna Lovegood!!!


I mean, come onnnnn! She's just so awesome! We already have the Forbidden Journey with all the Hogwarts-y stuff, we have The Escape From Gringotts with all the Death Eaters-y stuff, and we even have Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure with all kinds of magical creatures-y stuff. What we need now is a fun, happy, and completely loony ride all about Luna Lovegood!

Think of all the awesome stuff this ride would include. I'm thinking a calmer kind of a ride, unlike the other three. You know, more like Disney's It's a Small World. You sit and enjoy. But definitely more excitement and movement than that of course. This ride could include SO many fantabulous areas!!! Oh my God, I already can't sit still.


The waiting area of this ride could be so many things. I'm thinking the Death Day Party maybe where Luna was Harry's date and we could keep hearing all the loony things she keeps saying through speakers. Or it could be her bedroom with the pictures she had up and all the crazy things on display. Or it could be a huge room with theming all around and drawings done by Luna which show all the stuff she keeps talking about but nobody understands.

As for the ride, I thought about how much stuff they could actually include in it! I made a list!! An actual list! Hahahaha! Here are my thoughts:
  • There could be a room full of Nargles infesting mistletoes and what not.
  • There could be a room full of Wrackspurts! We could feel them just like Luna says we could! You know, they could do their typical Wizarding World magic and make us FEEL it somehow. You know what I'm saying!!! The feels at the Wizarding World are unbelievably real.
  • They could make a room where we are taken to Luna's house. We could get to see the Quibbler printing press! That would be SO cool! And of course, like I said, I'd love to ride through Luna's bedroom which should be just as described in the book.
  • This awesome ride could totally incorporate Thestrals too - maybe they could be what we are actually riding. Like have everyone sit in carriages which are being dragged by Thestrals that we can all see.
  • Of course, the ride should have a grand finale with the Crumple Horned Snorkack! They've never been spotted before and Luna finally has been successful in finding one - while on this ride!
  • Oh that makes me think, maybe the whole ride could be based on finding Luna's missing shoes! Like when the ride begins she tells us someone has hidden her shoes as a way of playing pranks on her and then she takes us to all the places she last visited so she could find them. Brilliant! And in the end we find her shoes!
  • Spectrespecs need to be a part of this ride too! Maybe we could all be given a pair to wear? You know like they give you those 3D glasses in the Escape from Gringotts?
Exceptionally Ordinary! That should be somewhere in this ride's name!
Imagine how awesome this ride could be! Luna is one of the fandom's most loved characters and she'd be the perfect person to honor through a ride of her own! Come onnnnnnn, where can I submit my idea? THIS IS BRILLIANTTTTTTTTTTT! We need this. We really do.

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment