Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Rubeus Hagrid - The True Gryffindor

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart!

And who could be a more truer Gryffindor than our beloved Rubeus Hagrid!?
Recently, I found myself wondering, which house did Hagrid belong in? I had a feeling this was a detail too crucial to go unnoticed by Rowling so I checked online to see if she had answered the question. Just as I thought, she had answered which house Hagrid belonged to before he got expelled. Anddddd just as I felt, it was Gryffindor! It made me so happy! But then ... I also noticed the comments people had left under the article. Clearly, not everybody agreed. Whaaaaaat? Now that left me confused. How could someone doubt for even a second that Hagrid wasn't a Gryffindor? I mean, come onnnnnn!

There could be NOBODY more suited to being a Gryffindor than Hagrid! If you ask me, he is the bravest soul alive in the Wizarding World! Courage, chivalry, determination, bravery, loyalty ... he had it all! In fact, I think Hagrid was the Gryffindor-est of all Gryffindors!

For a person who hadn't even received proper magical training, Hagrid was just mind blowingly awesome! There's no doubt about Hagrid's bravery and courage. He was always the bravest one to step up against any and all forces of evil. Whether it was standing up against Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon when they insulted Dumbledore or fighting against the Death Eaters and Voldemort in the Battle of Hogwarts - he was there for it all, standing in the face of evil and fighting dangers like they meant nothing to him. Extra points for the pig tail he gave Dudley! Hahahahahaha!


He hadn't even learnt all his magic at Hogwarts and yet he never hesitated to step up to protect everybody. He was in the original Order of the Phoenix and then when it was reformed later he was in it too. Nobody forced him, nobody asked him ... he could have just sat at home, baking up more cauldron cakes in peace. But no, he chose to fight, he chose to protect everyone - because he was unbelievably courageous!

In fact, the way I look at him, I think he was a bit too brave - you know, to the point that he was reckless. Breeding dragons, then three headed dogs, then going to recruit giants ... that's all recklessly brave stuff to do! Talk about daring nerve, you guys!!! And it's not just the way I feel, the entire Wizarding World knew and believed in his courage too. It was for that reason that time and again, when highly trained and extremely experienced wizards were present, it was still Hagrid who was chosen to be Harry's most immediate protection. Dumbledore could have sent any trained wizard to go and get baby Harry when Voldemort disappeared that night - he chose Hagrid. Again, anybody could have been sent to introduce Harry to the Wizarding World - but Dumbledore chose Hagrid. There must be a reason why Dumbledore trusted him, for sure, for that man did not take chances like that - he knew what he was doing. It wasn't just Dumbledore, even the Order of the Phoenix chose Hagrid out of the Advanced Guard to be the companion who stayed with the 'real' Harry that night when the seven Potters flew the skies. Oh and let me point out, Hagrid never failed!


The brilliant half giant could have taken to the wild side of his blood and ended up being selfish and unconcerned ... but he was a fiercely loyal person who cared immensely and had the purest heart of them all. From the very moment we first 'met' Hagrid, he proved his loyalty to Dumbledore by warning the Dursleys to not utter even a word against him. From then onward, he left no chance to prove time and again how loyal he was. The guy was throwing Support Harry Potter parties, I mean ... HOW COOL IS THAT! Hahahahaha!

Honestly, if I had a giant brother who just wouldn't listen, I'd be so frustrated. I do kind of relate to that actually - a brother who doesn't listen and behaves like a wild giant ... Hmmmm, sounds real! But Hagrid never gave up on him, did he? He kept trying, he kept getting hurt, he kept going! He just did not stop. It wasn't just his care but also his determination. A Gryffindor's determination!

"What’s comin’ will come,
an’ we’ll meet it when it does."
- Rubeus Hagrid
That single quote above is screaming Gryffindor itself! It is one of my most favorite quotes ever. Ever ever ever! I am so glad that Rowling confirmed Hagrid as a Gryffindor. I'm also very happy she made him the one who introduced Harry to the Wizarding World. Above all, I am beyond belief thankful to her for keeping him alive!!! Seriously ... I don't even want to imagine THAT possibility ... I love Hagrid way too much!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment