Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Sticky Toffee Pudding at the Wizarding World

Go on, extend your finger and catch that delicious dripping Vanilla ice cream off the corner of this beautiful Sticky Toffee Pudding ... I won't judge you, I promise. I won't judge you at all, because I'm contemplating licking my screen to get through and to this picture myself.

The Sticky Toffee Pudding, my fellow Wizards, Witches, and Muggles.
The glorious dessert that leaves me speechless at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

This is no simple dessert, my friends. I'm talking about a dangerously delicious, heavy duty, approach-with-caution kind of magical treat. The kind that seats you on a magical ride, takes you to heaven, lets you dwell in the glorious grandeur of it all, then brings you back to reality, leaving you desperately wanting more. The kind that blows your mind. The kind that numbs your senses to everything else around you and yet awakens them to the extremes so that you take in the brilliant taste and the sweet smell and lose yourself somewhere there. The kind that leaves you falling in love and has you coming back again and again and again for more ...

Mmmm .... mmmm ... give me a minute here guys.


The Sticky Toffee Pudding can be found on The Leaky Cauldron's menu. Abbie and I have somewhat come to associating the two together because we always end up eating Sticky Toffee Pudding at The Leaky Cauldron. It comprises of two main elements that are so delicious they must surely be coming straight from the Heavens; a dense cake base and a rich vanilla ice cream. Hot and cold desserts don't always do it for me because I like my cold desserts super cold and if not done correctly, the cold part of a combination dessert goes a little to warm for my liking. But let me tell you, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. Either there is magic involved or they have excellent service or something because the cake and the ice cream are always the perfect temperature! One bite in and I don't know anything about the world I belong in anymore - all I know is that in that moment, I am in Heaven ...


This is no light dessert, let me warn you. It is very filling and very comforting. The warm cake is dense and thick and yet it goes down your throat like a charm, smoothly sliding and leaving behind the most divine flavors in your mouth. It's the perfect kind of sweet, the perfect kind of soft, the perfect kind of sticky ... Mmmm ... The sticky comes from the toffee sauce the cake sits on. Question: Is there a way to fill a pool with that toffee sauce and swim in it? Because I'd like to, please!!! The flavors are sweet and butterscotchy and toffee-ish and then that vanilla ice cream on the top. I was surprised to find out that the cake had chopped up dates in its sponge. I don't always like dates so when I eat them I know it. Somehow, I never knew this had them until I read it online - it's just that super delicious that I didn't even notice the dates. Ohhhh and the vanilla ice cream ... it's not just a plain vanilla ice cream, it's the premium kind that tastes VERY vanilla, you know? If you look close you can even see specks of vanilla beans in there! HEAVENLY!


Abbie and I always share this goodness. Even half a Sticky Toffee Pudding is filling for us, especially if we're also sharing a kids size Mac and Cheese before it. We're always worried about eating too much dessert so we are happy with sharing and this is SO shareable too. Honestly, if you visit the Wizarding World and you don't try their Sticky Toffee Pudding, you must be totally crazy. Because this is HEAVEN! This is DIVINE! This is DELICIOUSNESS! This is MAGIC!

MUST GET MOREEEEEE IN MY MOUTH!!!
*Scratches nails on the floor*

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. I had sticky toffee pudding for the first time ever while visiting Scotland last August. I usually don't indulge in sweets, but I decided to toss that idea while there because I wanted to taste my way through the country. I had found a list on-line of 16 foods you must eat while visiting Scotland. Sticky Toffee Pudding was on the list and it was DEEEELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummmmmmmmmm. My mouth waters just thinking about it! Glad you got to try it in Scotland!!! :D

      Delete
    2. The best part was that my husband didn't like it (he was expecting the kind of "pudding" we get in the US) so I got to eat his share too! hahaha

      Delete
    3. OMG! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is even more awesome!!! :D

      Delete