Thursday, April 23, 2020

Triwizard Tournament - Would I Survive?

"Eternal glory! That's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament, but to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."
- Albus Dumbledore
The Triwizard Tournament!
One tournament, three champions, three tasks, one cup, and eternal glory!
This is totally meant for me! The Triwizard Tournament was designed to test the champion's magical ability, intelligence, and courage. I'm totally winning this!!! RIGHTTTT?

WRONG!
FALSE. ABSOLUTELY NO!!!

Who are we kidding? The Triwizard Tournament is totally and completely not for me. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Sure, I'm a Gryffindor with all that bravery in my heart and yaadee yaadee yaadaaaaaa. BUT I am never going to put my name in the Goblet of Fire!

See, the Triwizard Tournament is notorious for being extremely dangerous and I tend to avoid activities that can double as death wishes. People have died during the tournament and it has been banned and discontinued. Back in Harry's time, look what it ended up in ... a death, grave danger, and Voldemort returning! I mean, what more do you need to know that this tournament is clearly not acceptable! It is super cool and I loved reading about it but for everyone's sake, it clearly is not acceptable.

And then Professor Dumbledore looked at the Goblet of Fire again, for it blazed one more time, ready to spit out a fourth chosen champion's name. His expression was of shock and confusion because the three champions had already been chosen. Just as expected, it then blew out another name - Sara Ali! Professor Dumbledore looked at her sitting on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall and called for her to join them all in the front. The entire school turned to look at Sara. She could see various reactions from her schoolmates. Some of them mirrored Professor Dumbledore's shock and confusion and others looked at her with spite and hatred, as if she had cheated. Just then, she felt a wave of nausea hitting her with extreme force, knocking the air out of her lungs and making her head spin. She rose to try and walk up to the teachers' table and then she FAINTED!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Okay, clearly someone must have put my name in there because I certainly didn't do it!!! Also, somebody has clearly bewitched the Goblet because there's NO WAY it thought I would make it. Imagine if something like that happened to me! First of all I would faint. Second, I would wake up and start crying and beg the professors to let me out. Third, if they won't listen I am totally suing them! Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! There's just no way I am going to accept and agree to being a fourth champion!


Take a look at those tasks, each a horror death story of its own! Imagine sending me to retrieve the golden egg from the dragon in the first task. ME! The person who is scared of a common house fly. Me, getting a dragon's egg from an actual alive real dragon! Okay, at this point I'm just feeling like laughing at this absurdity! Then that second task with the creepy merpeople and everything else inside the lake. I fear sea creatures (sharks and humpback whales haunt me) so do you seriously think I'm going to jump in that lake? Errrr, I don't think so. Oh and finally that maze task in the end ... it mentioned a Blast Ended Skrewt, a Boggart, some strange golden mist which flipped your world upside down, an ACROMANTULA (greatest fear of mine!), creepy cursed fellow champions, and ultimately Voldemort and so many Death Eaters. No thanks!

I'm happy away from all the trouble! I'm going to be seated peacefully and cheerfully in the audience - wearing some kind of absolutely crazy support Hogwarts gear. I'll be sitting next to Luna with her lion hat. I'll be cheering the Hogwarts champion with great school pride in my heart! I'll be safe and happy and praying for all the champions competing!!! I'll be there but definitely not as one of the champions!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment