Saturday, April 25, 2020

Voldemort Over Umbridge Any Day


I've never seen pink so evil.
I'm a lover of all things pink, the evidence of which can be found everywhere in my room and my wardrobe. All my life I'd thought I would never see anything pink that I wouldn't like (except maybe Hello Kitty?! Haaaa!) but I was mistaken. Rowling proved me wrong. She created the pinkest of pinks and it turned out the horrible-est of horribles.

DOLORES UMBRIDGE.

The most hateful, loathsome, disgusting character to have EVER existed in the world of books. I mean, what was she? I don't think she was human. Or wait, she was human ... that's how evil humans can be and I speak from first hand experience. *sighs* I remember wanting to punch her up when I read about her for the very first time. I was disgusted. She seemed to be loving being evil. She seemed to be enjoying torturing people for no reason at all. And somehow I have come to hate her even more than I hate Voldemort!

I'd take Voldemort over Umbridge ANY DAY! I would accept a tea party invitation with the Death Eaters than be in a room with Umbridge. There are just so many reasons for hating her way more than Voldemort. For starters, I think the worst part about her is is that, unlike Voldemort, she had no motive behind her evil actions. She already had the Ministry's backing, she had the position, and the power. She did not need to do any of the bad stuff that she did. Voldemort wanted power, he wanted to be the most powerful evil wizard to ever exist. He wanted to kill the Muggles and 'clean' the world because he would then rule. But what about Umbridge? What would she gain by supporting Voldemort's 'cleansing' agenda? Nothing. She'd stay at exactly the same place that she was right then. She was only supporting the notion of oppression, torture, and hate. That's it. There was no because. Just support for evil because she enjoyed evil. Somehow supporting evil makes you even worse than being the original source of evil itself.


You know, Voldemort was Voldemort. He was never pretending to be someone good or someone who wasn't evil. He was evil expressed as it is, in its pure and raw form. Umbridge was different. Umbridge was sugar coated evil! She was evil wrapped up in a shiny bubblegum pink wrapper. To me, that's even worse than evil in its raw form itself. She tried her best to look nice and sophisticated - all calm and composed and dignified. But she had a black heart deep under those layers of pink. A woman who had cute kitten pictures all over her office, pink all over her clothes, and the sweetest girly voice ever enjoyed torturing people ... THAT to me is a kind of evil even worse than Voldemort. I know such people in real life who sugar coat everything and appear to be the sweetest, cutest, nicest, most innocent human beings on planet earth. Deep down, they have black rotten hearts full of poop. Those who have witnessed their evil side know how terrible they are but those who only see the innocence never accept nor believe anything evil can come out of them. EVALLLLLL!


I think Umbridge is a sadist. She enjoys evil. She enjoys torture. She enjoyed taking away every single source of happiness from Harry. She stopped him from playing Quidditch, she made sure Hagrid stopped teaching, she stopped the Dumbledore's Army meetings, she ruined Defence Against the Dark Arts ... and it sickens me in my stomach the way she made him carve the words 'I must not tell lies' on the back of his hand. He bled in front of her, and she enjoyed it. She wanted him to complain and shriek in pain and try to make it stop just because she wanted that satisfaction. That is pure evil. That is sick to the core. That is disgusting. And later, when she sent Muggles to Azkaban just because ... SICK SICK SICK!!

Umbridge is such a relatable piece of pure evil. I hate her! I hate her way more than I have ever hated anyone. For sure, Voldemort over Umbridge any day! At least he's a fightable kind of evil ... SHE is just a pink goo ball.

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment