Monday, April 27, 2020

Wizarding World Highlights ~ Top Three Moments from Magical Mischief 2019-2020

Abbie and I visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter back around New Year's time! It was a magical end to 2019 and a very beautiful start to 2020! I don't remember anything before or after that trip. I went there after two years of being in nothing less than Azkaban itself. And I came back from there to return to Azkaban and in addition to that to deal with the Covid horrors. Ugh.

Ever since my return, I've lived every day by hanging on to my precious memories from the Wizarding World. I refused to delete the pictures and videos from my phone and I keep playing them over and over again. It helps me go back to my happy place ... the place where I made the most precious of memories. Our Magical Mischief 2019-2020 was our precious happy time, when we stopped focusing on everything this world had ready for us and instead enjoyed to the core. We let the magic sweep us away wholly and completely! Such a precious week it was! I could go on and on about our trip, but instead I've chosen to highlight my top three favorite moments from our trip today!

Hagrid's Magical Motorbike Adventure
Two people who are completely not the roller coaster kind at all sat in one of the most craziest roller coasters to ever exist and they survived! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! We had been absolutely petrified at the thought of riding Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure and it was so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad but also soooooooo awesome! It was definitely THE moment from our trip. We tried out a ROLLER COASTER. We did the new Potter ride. We screamed our lungs out - literally we screamed our throats sore. We were SO scared and we were sure we would die but we also were enjoying SO much. And the most hilarious part of it was ABBIE! I found the perfect way to tease her after this! Hahahaha! She went in acting all brave and then mid coaster I was sure she had died!! Hahahahahaha! She got BLOWN away in the literal meaning of it. Even her nose ran!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cauldron Cake Outside Honeydukes

Oooooooh this was definitely OUR moment. We sat outside Honeydukes on the floor and tried out the brilliant Cauldron Cake for the first time in our lives. It was divinely delicious and the memories we made were to stay with us for our entire lifetime! We were in such peace in that moment. The weather was pleasant, with a slight chill in the air, no sun but still bright and happy ... crowds weren't too heavy that day either and as we sat there eating we took in the magic of Hogsmeade. Those snow covered rooftops looked back at us with just as much love as we had for them. A fan even came to us and asked where we'd bought our Luna Spectrespecs from and complimented us for how awesome we looked. Everybody was looking at us and then looking again and smiling because I think our happiness and our peace and our little moment was on our faces! We were definitely the happiest two people in the parks that day!

Fighting Against Time On Our Last Day
How we did it, I still do not understand. Somehow on our last day we realized nobody was going to give us enough time at our beloved Wizarding World so that morning we woke up and decided to put on some kind of booster pack and go as fast as we could. We got dressed and ready extra quickly and then reached Cabana Bay's diner even before it had opened. We saw the doors opening for the first time and were the first to enter. As quickly as we could, we got breakfast, delivered it to mama in the room, ate, and were in the bus heading for the Wizarding World. We reached even before the parks had opened and for the first time ever went for the early park access. It was brilliant. We'd been strictly told that we had no time so we shouldn't even try doing any of the rides a second time. But I couldn't go home without doing the Forbidden Journey at least a second time. Thanks to how awesomely we had fought against time that day, we reached Hogwarts and we did the Forbidden Journey with little to no wait. It was brilliant, we hardly had to stand in line. We drank Butterbeer, we took pictures, we waved the castle goodbye, we rode the Hogwarts Express, we waved the dragon goodbye, we finished our shopping ... we did everything possible and we were back in the hotel room at the exact time we'd been asked to return. It was a miracle! We fought against time and we were successful! It was like using the Time Turner! Hahahahaha!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment