Tuesday, April 28, 2020

XoXo! Amortentia, Welcome to My Collection!

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them."

Now while I still don't know what it would smell like to me, what I did know was that I really really really badly needed to add the Amortentia Love Potion to my collection. That pink bottle shaped like a heart had my heart since the first day I saw it at the Wizarding World in Orlando. It was just so perfect. Girly and cute and a Harry Potter replica which would be totally awesome to have in my Potter collection. You know there isn't too much Potter merch that is girly and this is one of the very few. After years of just looking at it and thinking, "Should we get this? Yes? No?" ... I finally bought it!!! It flew back on a plane with me and now sits in my shelf looking beautiful!


I love everything about Amortentia. From its super rich history and place in the story with its connections to Voldemort, to the way it looks, and even its storefront display. The Amortentia display inside Weasleys Wizard Wheezes is so beautiful! I always find myself stopping to take a million pictures there! The Amortentia potion bottle itself is a beautiful girly pink in the shape of a heart. It says 'Love Potion' on it, written in a shiny beautiful gold. There's also a tassel attached near the top. I love love loveee how cute it looks! There's supposed to be some kind of drinkable liquid inside which I still haven't had a chance to get to so I can't say much about its contents. 


Now that I have successfully found myself the Love Potion to keep forever, a tiny little problem still remains ... I still don't know what it would smell like to me! Hahaha! Whenever I think about it the only things that come to mind are food stuff! I love food so much, how can I not think of it when I think of my most favorite scents? But I don't want all of it to smell like food, so I continue to ponder over this question. I know for sure one of the things Amortentia would smell like to me: CHOCOLATE! I love chocolate way too much and if my Love Potion would smell like anything, it would definitely be chocolate. The rich sweet kind! Mmmm mmm ... Other than that, maybe the smell of new books? Maybe ... I don't know. It's definitely something I need to think about ...

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... it smells different according to what attracts them. That's an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how interesting, isn't it?! And I still haven't figured out what it would smell like for me! Hahaha!

      Delete