Wednesday, July 20, 2022

My Covid Blog


Logging my Covid experience as I stay isolated in my room. I talked in detail about how I caught Covid in my last post. In short, parents went to a dinner at bro's in-laws place where guests showed up badly sick and insensitive about infecting others. Dad got symptoms the very next day but decided to hide them because ... ego and stubbornness. I fell sick and tested positive and suffered because of all these idiots.

Saturday July 02
Parents went to the darn dinner that started it all.

Sunday July 03
Dad got symptoms but decided to hide them. Walked around the entire house instead of isolating, spreading Covid to the one and only poor soul ... ME.

Thursday July 07
Woke up feeling like seasonal allergies were acting up. Had my morning Chai, took Allegra, and got about the usual routine and felt fine again.

Friday July 08
Seasonal allergies again in the morning. Felt tired but spent the entire day vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen/living room to prep for Eid the next day.

Saturday July 09
Eid day! Woke up feeling tired and with allergies. Took Allegra. Nothing unusual. Diarrhea began around noon. I thought it was just my usual IBS episode. Continued to get ready to celebrate Eid with the fam over dinner. Diarrhea continued too. Had a great dinner and Eid celebration despite the raw stomach and feeling feverish. Got more diarrhea afterwards at night. Total seven poops and then two more that barely had anything left for me to count. This wasn't unusual because I do get bad IBS episodes so I slept thinking it would be okay.

Sunday July 10
Felt tired. Really tired. I thought it was the pooping. Got two more poops. Decided to take Immodium to stop it because IBS usually didn't get this bad. Stayed dead and feeling pathetic all day like I'd come up with a fever. Allergies continued. Slept horribly that night. My neck had severe pain so I couldn't lay down properly. I felt all choked up in my nose and head. It felt like I couldn't freely breathe, like I would need to sit up in bed and open my mouth wide to try and breathe fully.

Monday July 11
Woke up feeling really badly nauseous. I thought I'd throw up and even ran to the washroom to try but nothing happened. Felt foul. Really foul. Slept some more. Woke up and knew something wasn't right. I decided the right thing to do was to take the test but I really wasn't expecting it to be Covid, I guess. Test was a solid positive! Instant, solid, jet black T line stared back at me. Instantly masked myself in double masks and went to Dad to test him. He protested but I forced it this time. He came out positive too. Surprise surprise *rolls eyes* ... grabbed my laptop bag and other stuff and shut myself inside my room to isolate. Felt completely dead and drained all day. Had a stuffy nose on and off, nothing in my throat yet. Body aches were killing me and it took all of my strength to get up and go to the bathroom even. Got a bit out of breath walking inside the room but no breathing difficulties. Isolation felt horrible. I missed my sister terribly. No Abbie to hug! *heart break* We had dinner over video chat. Had to sleep in the room alone and kept half the lights on because I was horrified. Couldn't even sleep properly.


Tuesday July 12
Isolation continues. Body aches and feeling completely dead and drained. Nose and throat the same, nothing in the throat area but nose feeling stuffy on and off. Weird taste in mouth but no loss of taste or smell. Felt pathetic and alone when I needed an Abbie hug the most. Abbie tried passing me chocolates from under the door. Bad storm starts outside and we lost power. I was so dead and hurting all over that I couldn't even move. Stayed collapsed on my bed all day while the house became a hot oven with no AC running. We were saving the phone's batteries so we couldn't even video chat. Such a depressing time. No lights meant I was alone in the dark with a tiny night light that I was saving for emergencies. Another horrible night of being scared and alone and sad and sick. Couldn't even have lights on tonight because of the power outage.


Wednesday July 13
Body aches continued. Continued feeling exhausted. Isolating getting to my head. Feel all alone and sad. Cried several times while praying because of how horrible it felt to be sick, alone, and in a power outage. Had zero energy all day so I kept slipping in and out of naps. Had no idea when I was awake or sleeping. Power came back after 25 painful hours. Had dinner over video chat with Abbie that made me feel slightly better. Had a horrible sad and depressing night.

Thursday July 14
Woke up feeling ever so slightly better. However, a cough was now starting. Sometimes dry cough and sometimes it was choking me up. Stuffy nose on and off and slight body aches and tiredness but not as bad as the past two days. Isolation depression and frustration continued. Felt like slapping the people because of whom I was sick. I stay on video chat with Abbie all day. She just switches on the phone and keeps me somewhere while she goes about her day. Makes me feel a bit less lonely.


Friday and Saturday July 15 and 16
I could feel that I was on the mend. I could get up and sit up without getting exhausted. Cough came on and off sometimes really bad. Over all felt so much better. Isolation continued to eat my brain's happy parts. I got exhausted doing just a bit of work like cleaning up and disinfecting the toilet.

Sunday July 17
I woke up feeling much better than ever and ready to take the test now that it was the sixth day after I had initially tested positive. Test came out positive again though and that was major heart break. Cough and stuffy nose continued. Isolation continued. Sadness and frustration continued. It has faded compared to the last time I tested and it also took a minute to show up ... is that a silver lining? Tough to see the silver lining when all I see is a black T line.


Monday to Wednesday July 18 to 20
Isolation continues frustrating me beyond belief. It somehow feels even more pathetic now that the obvious Covid symptoms have improved. Now it feels like I was getting better but still positive so I just have to be stuck here so I can save mama and Abbie from getting infected. Dry cough in the morning sometimes bad enough to not let me talk. Back hurts. Legs hurt. Overall health improving though and much of my strength is back.

Thursday July 21
Tenth day rolling. One more day to finish before I can test again. Hoping with all my heart it comes out negative this time. I still have a stuffy nose and a dry cough so I'm horrified whether I'll test negative or not tomorrow. PRAYING REALLY HARD! May this be the last night I spend here by myself in isolation! Pleaseeeeee!

Friday July 22
I tested NEGATIVE! Finally! Finally finally finally! I am done with Covid and getting ready to get out of isolation! The rest of the day will see me cleaning and sanitizing like crazy before I can open the doors of this room like normal. Then I'll shower, change into everything clean, and HUG MY SISTER!!! Thank God! Thank God so much!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is being posted on 25 July. Are you Covid-free and back with the rest of us yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I used my phone to post the update on the 22nd and I never realized it didn't post for whatever reason! Haha! I AM DONE WITH COVID!!! Yessssss, I am Covid-free and back with you once again!!! So happy! Thank God!!!
      Thank you for the well wishes!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey are Sara Khan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey are you Sara Khan

    ReplyDelete