Sunday, April 30, 2017

Zesty Lemon Yogurt Ring


Today let me show off this beautifully classic Lemon Yogurt Ring - a super lemony and delicious bake! This one is from my early days of baking, I'd say probably my second year into the obsession. Back then I was trying out a lot of things for the first time. When you're a newbie baker you're intimidated by some of the more complicated techniques. In this cake, for example, I was super scared of messing up the egg whites' beating process. (I'm still intimidated by egg whites, *laughs*). To make matters worse, while I was beating the whites (after spending hours researching all the stuff that could go wrong) this 'someone' who happened to be there told me I'd done it all wrong and that I should throw them all away and start again. Luckily, I went with my judgment and what I'd learned from all my research online. I never threw the whites away, beat them until I thought they were done, and then baked this baby away. Guess what? It turned out excessively flavorful and the whites had done their job perfectly fine! Lesson learnt: Trust your judgement, people don't always want the best for you. Crazy people aside, let me show you the deliciousness!

There you go. The edges and the designs came out perfectly! This cake looked so beautiful right out of the oven. The house smelled divine - of lemons and vanilla and sugar and bliss. It was also the first time I was making a bundt cake so the fact that the pan released the cake completely and all those beautifully perfect edges came out so well defined was such a great feeling. On top of the sponge for this cake I drizzled a delicious glaze and then completed it with icing sugar!

There. The very classic looking and the very vanilla-lemony Lemon Yogurt Ring. It was zesty, delicious, and oh-so-yumm I wanted to pick the whole thing up and eat it like you'd eat a burger. YESSSSSS. It was crazy delicious!

Check out the crumb, the texture, the air bubbles the egg whites contributed to the cake. CHECK IT OUT! You can actually see it. Notice the light gooey stickiness shining on the cake - that was the delicious glaze. Oh so delicious. It's making me drool all over again!

The icing sugar stuck to the ring thanks to the glaze, giving it the classic look I love too much. You dust anything with icing sugar and I'll automatically fall in love!

GET READY FOR THAT CLOSE UP! This cake was so delicious you can even see and feel it through the pictures!

BAM! I've fainted. I've fainted because this was SERIOUSLY scrumptious and it's in my mouth all over again, even years after I baked it and snapped its pictures. YUMMMMMMMM! See how airy and fluffy the cake was ... note the lemony yellowness of it, the rich moistness. Feel it. You can feel it. A cloud-like soft and fluffy cake in your mouth, packed with a buttery flavor of lemon and vanilla. The shiny sugary glaze in every bite ... the crumb on top ... the smell of sweet sweet lemony vanilla dreams. This was the kind of cake you'd live for!

Point proven, right? I've got to bake this again! I so so so have to! It's been way too many years yet the taste is still fresh in my mouth. It must be brought into existence again. I MUST BLESS MY TONGUE WITH THIS FLAVORFUL DELICIOUS CLASSIC CAKE AGAIN! *Walks away to find the recipe*


All the mouth-watering pictures in this post are original Sara's Baked Creations' content. Please have some shame and refrain from copying, recreating, and cheating without giving proper credit and mention!
Sara’s Baked Creations is on Mission Sweetness! Sara and Abbie are hobby bakers who bake for friends and family only. We are not a commercial bakery business; it gives us joy to spread smiles while enjoying sisterhood and living our passion for baking.

Connect with me and the awesomeness of Sara's Baked Creations everywhere!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our Instagram!
Visit the website!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge that I'm participating in this year!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations for finishing the challenge with yummy and mouth watering posts every day!
    I am a big fan of your cakes, your presentation and your thoughtfulness!
    Lets keep in touch in future too!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyyyyy! :D Thank you so much!
      Thanks for staying in touch and for such wonderful comments!
      You make me so happy!
      Yes, definitely, please keep in touch :)
      I have so much A to Z reading to catch up - will be visiting shortly too :D

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfully simple but oh-so-elegant cake to end the A to Z Challenge on. You did it. Every day (except Sunday) for the month of April, you posted pictures and descriptions of wonderful, edible creations. Yay, you!

    (Pardon me for being partial to your WWHP posts, though. *sigh* One of these days I'll be able to go, but until then I have your amazing photography that almost makes me feel as though I am there! 😋)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you don't even have to ask pardon - the WWOHP theme was my favorite too! :D TOO AWESOME IT WAS!
      Thank you so much for following <3

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing the challenge. Your blog was a bright spot in my day. I loved seeing your wonderful creations and reading your enthusiastic comments about them. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akilaaaaaaaaah :D SO HAPPY to read your comment! Glad I could add some brightness in your life! Please stay in touch!

      Delete