Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Back To Hogwarts with Target

As if I wasn't already completely in love with Target, the super awesome store decided to host a Harry Potter event to drive me crazy. It popped up on my Facebook news feed one morning and I screamed for Abbie's attention. We planned ahead. We cleared off our schedules and made sure the entire world paused to allow us to attend the event that Saturday afternoon. Oh and it was totally worth it too! We found Harry Potter merchandise which is always a treat to look at even if you don't take it home. There were three photo opportunities which were nothing short of magical. And guess what? We left with a bag full of free Harry Potter awesomeness! Their freebies were super cool!

When we went inside at first we saw their trend spot and thought there was nothing special going on. Then we walked inside and checked all around and BAM. We came across a cute little Harry Potter corner they'd created near the toddler clothing section. There were people over there taking a Harry Potter themed quiz and some children seated on the floor doing some activities. It was a little magic spot within Target. The main table was full of super cool Harry Potter things ...

There was a Harry Potter drawstring bag, activities, Hogwarts' crest tags ...

A letter of acceptance, bookmarks, jelly beans as bertie botts, tattoos, posters ...

More and more activities and posters!

It was all cool and all but you know what the best part was? THE PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES! At the very heart of the Potter corner stood the grand scarlet engine - the one and only Hogwarts Express. In front of it was the archway with the Platform Nine Three Quarters sign on it and on the floor were trunks and luggage. Abbie and I rushed to get pictures taken. The ladies at Target were so awesome, they fell in love with our outfits which had Harry Potter bits all over, and showered us with compliments. "Oh my God, look at you girls, you're such big fans with your outfits and everything!" We were beaming with glee! 

A second photo opportunity was with the famous Sorting Hat! They had put up this super cool prop through which you could pop your head out so it looked like you were actually wearing the hat. Abbie and I both got sorted into Gryffindor, of course! *winks*

#TargetFun #BackToHogwarts

A third photo opportunity was with Hedwig and the Hogwarts castle in the background. Abbie's on the left and I'm on the right. She has longer hands so duh her picture looks much more sophisticated and real compared to me. I look like Hedwig slapped my face before flying off! *laughs* But hey, the important stuff is our outfits. Abbie's wearing the beautiful Potter letter dress and carrying her DIY HP denim bag (more on that later!). I'm wearing a skulls and roses dress and carrying my beautiful new Hogwarts satchel!

We loved exploring the merchandise they had. Unfortunately a lot of it had sold out so we came back home with a plan to place orders online. But they had pretty cool stuff! There was a cute Harry cushion/pillow and a super big Triwizard Cup replica. They had all the illustrated editions stocked up right there for me to drool on. Abbie and I bagged Gryffindor mugs and pillowcases before we left the store! *Drooooools*

That's my niece Gubby! We came home and gave her one of the scratching off activities. She got sorted into Gryffindor too! AWESOME! She had so much fun scratching and finding a picture show up. "Beeya, look, it's Hally Potter!" ... The cutie pie still doesn't pronounce Harry right!

The instant we came home I made Chai to be sipped in peace in our new Gryffindor mugs! These mugs from Target were so well priced for like five or six dollars, if I remember correctly. They're such good quality and so beautiful! Love them! But wait ...

Potterheads, you are looking at the AWESOME freebies we got from Target! YESSSSSS, THAT MANY! They had a super cool collection of freebies and the Target ladies were super sweet to pack a bag for each one of us! Let me show you everything up close ...

Target got the new Harry Potter Lego sets and so we got this adorable Harry Potter Lego poster!

We got this beautiful Hogwarts drawstring bag too! They packed all the freebies inside these bags!

20 Years of Magic in the United States of America and we get these awesome tattoos!

This is so so classic. The leather and the embossed details are just beautiful!

I know, I know, it's not the actual font. But it is still so cool! Excuse me while I go and send my reply back with my owl. Bye!

We got three of these. Abbie and I each get to keep one and Gubby was the lucky third person. They're all Gryffindor by the way, what a coincidence!

This was a cute little activity the kids were doing there. They were so sweet to give one to us!

THE BEST FREEBIE OF ALL! WE GOT THIS POSTERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Seriously, this is such a beautiful mural! I was lucky enough to get it in bookmark form as a freebie. I don't plan on buying the new cover art so this means so much to me!

Dear Target, we love you so so much for hosting this Potter event. Especially during my Potterific July celebrations. You just became the coolest store ever! Sincerely, Saraallie, the Potterhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment