Tuesday, October 9, 2018

When In Doubt Wear Denim - My Cutesy Outfit

When in doubt, wear denim! It's a pretty good philosophy. So recently when I stepped out of the house for a fun mall day with Abbie I decided to pair together some gorgeous shades of blue and stepped out in a cutesy denim outfit. I'll tell you something funny. That afternoon I went to the mall feeling that high you feel when you know you've dressed up pretty, right? And I hit the mall and next thing I knew EVERY other person was wearing a blue denim jacket! *laughs* I must have counted at least ten people in a short span of time. I mean, so far I only thought that when I parked my red car in a garage it would attract other red cars to surprisingly park right next to me. But now, apparently, the same works with wearing a denim jacket too! Hahaha! Anyhoo. Back to the details of my cutesy outfit!

I wanted to keep my outfit strictly blue all over. I usually pair different colors together but today was blue day my darlings. I wore the new dress mama bought for me which was the most beautiful ink blue with florals on it. Super girly and fun, I tell you. And a pair of matching blue jeans and denim jacket under and over the dress. I sashayed around with my brand new Harry Potter denim bag on my arm (which by the way is an awe-frikkin-some DIY by my sis Abbie!) and finished off the outfit with my blue glitter scarf.

This has got to be my most favorite jacket ever. It's not a single shade blue and has a mix of light and dark hues instead which gives it this bold and bright character. It's not visible in the picture above but it has patches of stitches and threads here and there and ripped effect around the edges which sets a very grunge vibe. Super cool and super fun.

Like I said before, the dress I wore was a beautiful shade of ink blue. It wasn't in-your-face yet very vibrant. I usually stay away from ink blues but this is actually sophisticated and stunning and doesn't make me look like I fell in a bottle of ink. The floral print over it makes it very girly and pretty and girly is just how I like everything to be.

Again, another favorite. These jeans are perfect. The perfect color, the perfect fit, the perfect kind of stretchy, and perfectly comfortable. These are actually so comfy I could sleep wearing these.

My scarf for this outfit was another one of my favorites. This one is a fancy-casual convertible. The glitter in it keeps it fun and sparkly and the solid blue shade keeps it super elegant such that I can pair it with both a casual and a formal outfit. I've been wearing this a lot lately and the color suits me so well too (hint: brilliant selfies, helloooo!) ... I just love it! It paired beautifully with the denim outfit adding just that touch of sparkle I needed.

I went all funky and girly with the accessories for this outfit. Over my scarf went a beautiful gold leaf brooch with just a tad of sparkle. Dad got me the most funkiest bracelets just that week and I immediately decided that this was the outfit I'd want to wear it with. It has a slightly curved look and is two shades of gradient blue with gold - just too good. It has become one of my most favorite piece of jewelry in a very short time. I just love it! And with the beautiful brooch and cuff bracelet I wore my super girly funky cutesy ring. It's gold with colorful studs and stones and one of my most favorite rings from my jewelry collection. My jewelry with this outfit was funky and casual yet had just the perfect bit of glitz and glam.

I plan on showing off my Harry Potter denim bag a lot and often so be prepared. Isn't it just the prettiest thing you've ever seen? I love it so much. Abbie has done SUCH A FANTABULOUS job with it. It's magical!!! It's brilliant!!! And it looked so cool with my outfit!

Sleek, shiny, black boots finished off my look. They broke the all denim code and looked bold and blunt under my jeans contrasting so well with the outfit!

Putting together a great outfit does wonders to your confidence and mood, doesn't it? I walked a few inches taller (and a few inches slimmer) that afternoon thanks to my beautiful denim outfit. *laughs* I wore this again twice after the mall day and I think I can say that it has become one of my most favorite outfits already!

No comments:

Post a Comment