Thursday, November 29, 2018

What Am I Most Thankful For?

NoJoMo asks me what am I most thankful for?
I immediately start thinking and a million things come to my head.

I first decide it is my health. Lately, I've heard of deaths, seen and read about people with cancer, ran after book deals with stories featuring relationships between terminally ill folks. It breaks my heart and I think, "Thank God I don't have anything seriously wrong with me!"

Then I think some more and I see the underprivileged and I immediately raise my hands in prayers and thank God for all the money he provided my family with to maintain a good standard of living.

Then I look at the food on my table and, being the food lover that I am, before and after eating something I find myself thanking God for not having to go hungry in this world. That would have been terrible.

All of that means the world to me. But today, for this particular post, there is something very special that I would want to point out. Something I find myself often thanking God for. Something that everybody who has it should especially take time out to appreciate, but they most often don't. I am talking about the special relationship I share with my sister. Sisterhood is what I am thankful for!

No automatic alt text available.
Having a sister has got to be the sole reason I am still on this earth today. Seriously, people would have given me some form of brain cancer with the level of stress and harshness I have to tolerate. If it weren't for Abbie I would have gone mental by now. She's the insane voice of sanity I need in my life to stay normal and not have my brains explode or melt into mush. We don't just have a normal sister relationship between us - what we have is special. We're raising each other. Literally, I consider Abbie my mother. She's there for me, I'm there for her. No matter what happens. Abbie is the mattress in my life I can blindly free fall onto. From any height, by the way. Today, I am most thankful for being blessed with a sister - a sister who is so special, a sister who is my life support system!

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment