Saturday, January 19, 2019

Movies I Watched In 2018

2018 was not a good movie year in terms of quantity but when I look back upon the quality of movies I watched I think it was pretty good! I mean, CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD ON THAT GIANT SCREEN JUST LIKE A DAY AFTER RELEASING ... the end! That was THE best best best movie experience of 2018! As always I kept track of everything I watched so I could do an end of year thing on my blog. So here it is ... my movie log from 2018!

First Time Watches
I watched this one for Sidharth Malhotra but honestly it was Akshay Khanna who was the star of this movie. The story was awesome, the mystery was awesome, the movie was made awesome. I enjoyed till the last scene! It was a well made movie with no nonsense, no songs, no nothing ... just straight murder mystery that kept me excited! Definitely liked this one a lot!

Again, I watched this one because of Sidharth Malhotra. It was okay. It was interesting to see what would happen as the story progressed. But it wasn't the best. Some of the things, I thought, were left unexplained. Sometimes during the movie my interest and attention faltered too. I didn't like the actress either. It was a nice one time watch to pass time. Definitely not the movie you'd watch more than once like some of Malhotra's other ones.

The Lion King wasn't technically my first time watch in 2018 but I watched it when I was really small so it felt like watching a new movie. There was so much more I understood and appreciated. I loved it. Mufasa's death made me cry so terribly - I think even more terribly than back when I was a kid. I had various opinions about Simba and his pride! Haha! I loved this movie so much! I can't wait for the remake to come out this year. Not sure if it would be as awesome as the original though!

To All The Boys I've Loved Before was a nice movie. I think they'll never be able to make the typical Hilary Duff style girly movies ever again. But still, this was good. I enjoyed the girly room decor and the entire narrated story style of girly movie. The actors weren't my favorite but I'm definitely watching the sequel that they say they will be making. It will be good hopefully!

Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald! THE BEST WATCH OF 2018!!! I wrote an entire blog post about this experience! You can find it right here. I can't wait for the next one!! I HAVE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second & Hundredth Time Watches
Watching Johnny Depp is awesome any day, anytime. And the Pirates' movies are so awesome in all aspects. I love the action, the humor, the adventure, everything! The music goes dhana dhan dhan - dhana dhan dhan - dhana dhan dhan - dhan nana ... and it feels like my heart starts pumping overtime putting me in pirate mode myself. Arrrrr! Always a great watch this one!

I didn't get to watch it till the end but it was good to re-watch it. Sidharth Malhotra is always nice to look at and this movie has so many emotions it makes me cry and what not. A good emotional thriller ... I love it! This was not the second time ... maybe like my fourth.

You know what was special this time ... I was watching it with Gubby darling! She fell in love with the movie too! She loved the characters, the jokes, the adventures Nemo, Dory, and Marlin! We laughed so much we went crazy. We still sing, 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" Hahaha! Love the movie!

Finding Dory was again my movie time with Gubby this year. After she'd seen Finding Nemo she was super excited to watch Dory too. Personally, Finding Dory kinda makes me slightly sad - something that Finding Nemo doesn't do too much. But it is also so hilarious. Disney's finest movies, I swear ... both Nemo and Dory! I totally want more of these!

Of course the year is not complete until you've watched Harry Potter a gazillion times. And of course these are the BEST movies ever EVER EVER made!


Watched the minions with Gubby this time and obviously we had the time of our lives. I love these yellow idiotic minions so much and Gubby loves them too. It was really loads of fun watching this movie again, this time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment