Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Wacky Finds Series ~ Volume 40

It's time for Volume 40 of The Wacky Finds Series!

These are a monthly series I started out of sheer awe of how crazy things around me are! Here's what this is about ... Ahem Ahem: When my awesome self steps out of my bed each morning I meet a world of crazies. People, things, phenomena, and acts of nature which are simply too unusual to miss and not record! The Wacky Finds Series will cover all the weird stuff that I find along my way; good weird, awkward weird, bad weird, I-totally-don't-get-this weird .. all kinds of weird shall be recorded and snapped without any discrimination!

World, meet Ripley the turtle. He's a rock star. And he is very annoying. He keeps repeatedly introducing himself no matter what happens in the world around him. Voiced by the one and only moi. *takes a bow* This is one of my favorite toys out of Gubby's collection. We got him from Canada's Ripley's Aquarium which is how he got his name. In the picture above he decided to pay the dolls a visit at their doll house but ended up being stuck in the bathroom's window. Don't ask! Hahahaha! Trust me this was a pretty intense story. The dolls called Gubby's Paw Patrol toys and they all had to rush to the scene to rescue Ripley, who obviously kept introducing himself over and over again. "Hi guys, I am Ripley theeee toi-tle. I'm a rock star." This one makes Gubby laugh a lot!

Another wacky day with the Gubbster and look what I did. Her choo choo was ridden by a variety of toys. You can spot Stuffy the dragon from Doc McStuffins, Rubble, Skie, and Marshall from the Paw Patrol, and a random doll. Her choo choo actually moves around at the press of a button and I personally enjoy playing with it! Hahahaha! Still a kid at heart, I am.

Another wacky find today comes thanks to Gubbzy. When you're the auntie to an adorable little person your life is the sweetest kind of wacky. This is a snickerdoodle cookie I had baked long ago. She was leaving to go visit her naani and I wasn't able to bake that morning so when a fresh batch came out of the oven I quickly packed one in a tiny snack box and then added a heart note to it. Gubby loves it when I write her notes and letters and this made her so happy!

And yet another one thanks to Gubby! Hey today's wacky finds are almost all about Gubby. Wacky kid!!! THIS is a drawing we made together. I have no idea why we did it but it's a man with a hat and a mustache. Just because.

Those are my broken pair of glasses. It was my absolute favorite frame and sadly when I went to get new ones they no longer carry the polka dotted one. You know what's super annoying? My eye doc messed up. She gave me a wrong prescription and the glasses they made for me were blurred and out of focus. Then I went again to get it corrected and she suddenly told me my eyes were focusing differently on that day so this time she gave me a separate prescription for reading glasses. Then she had me get those progressive glasses made and I did because I thought they'd work. But guess what happened? They don't work. I can see through the top half but the bottom half which was supposed to be for reading doesn't work AT ALL. I am all blurred and pathetic if I look through the bottom half or the sides. How pathetic!!! I'm waiting for an appointment with another eye doctor and I really hope she'll fix me a better prescription. *rolls eyes*

That's all folks! Until the next five wacky finds, have a wacky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment