Friday, April 26, 2019

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes Postcards - MinaLima Merch!

It was an ordinary mall day with Abbie. We were walking towards our favorite side of the mall, where they have Hot Topic. The kid sized Starbucks hot chocolate in our hands had just the last few sips remaining. That's when it happened. As we approached the F.Y.E store front some unknown invisible force tugged at my sleeve, calling me inside. It was a pull, some kind of pull that told me I was needed inside the F.Y.E shop. Something inside was calling me and I immediately told Abbie to turn and enter the shop.

Cut the drama!
Of course nothing that dramatic happened - except in my head. We just finished our usual Hot Topic run and then on our way back I decided to check F.Y.E because we sometimes do find good Harry Potter stuff there. Yeah, it was pretty simple and ordinary outside my head. Buttttt, that's not the point! The point is what we found inside, which completely blew our minds away!!!

A gorjabulous set of Weasleys Wizard Wheezes Postcards!

It is a set consisting of four boxes with TWENTY postcards each, all of which feature original artwork by MinaLima! You know what that means? EIGHTY POSTCARDS!!! The postcards' artwork is exactly the original work we get to see in the Weasleys Wizard Wheezes shop scene in Harry Potter. The postcards are BEAUTIFUL! The postcards are fantastic! The postcards are everthingggggg! They're like bringing the magic home!


Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes is one of my favorite shops from the Wizarding World (Honeydukes being the other one) so of course when I saw these postcards I went mad, wild, crazy, absolutely mental. Abbie and I were found inside F.Y.E squealing. I actually got happy tears in my eyes and couldn't contain my excitement such that I was basically jumping in the store. (Cashier stares and laughs) ... err, never mind that. Let me show off the postcards a bit!

They came packed in these super awesome envelope style boxes. I'm in love with the envelope style. I can see so many picture opportunities using these and can imagine how awesome they would look in my shelves too. So basically eighty postcards AND awesome envelope style boxes. JACKPOT!

That's the first box! This one has some funky product advertisements. There's some seriously fun stuff in here like 'weather in a bottle' and 'screaming yo-yo' and 'decoy detonators'.

That's the second box. This one has the official Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes logo with the inverted twin silhouettes - I love that so much. There's also 'Dung Bombs' and 'Nose-Biting Teacups'. There's even an official receipt in this one which I found to be super unique.

Aaaaand the third box. This one has lots of explosives related advertisements in it. I wonder what a 'Thestral Thrasher' is! Hahaha! Maybe they should have a Hippogriff thrasher too so we could gift it to Celestina Warbeck. She'd make good use of it since she keeps singing 'My Baby Gave Me a Hippogriff For Christmas'. Get it? Get it? Get it?

Finally the fourth box, which I believe has the most bold and colorful postcards of them all. The 'Bang Bang Boggart Banger', 'Diabolical Dare Devil', 'Basic Blaze Box' ... and I love the Weasleys logo in this one with firecrackers all around it.

These postcards are just so awesome. They're fabulously vibrant and so colorful. I can think of various ways I will be using them. Funnily, I'll be using them in every which way except as postcards! I need these for decor in my Harry Potter shelves and maybe even in the Harry Potter scrapbook I intend to start super soon. Anyhoo, however they will be used they'll just be great and I know it. I finally have MINALIMA merch in my collection! Yayyy yayy yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. All Potter fans should buy several boxes of postcards, save one box for themselves, and flood the post office with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes postcards. Seriously. It will look like a an neon-colored explosion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Imagine what the Muggles would think!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara, any idea where I can buy these amazing WWW postcards? Thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daph!
      I just Googled to see if they were still available somewhere and it looks like they aren't. Unfortunately I can't find a link to anywhere you might be able to find them right now but I don't know if Minalima would restock them in future!

      Delete