Monday, April 29, 2019

Yule Ball ~ Who Would Be My Date?

Ah, the good old school days. *sighs* I remember we used to have an end of year or farewell party and we used to look forward to it all year. It was always such a grand affair and everything just had to be prepared such that it was all perfect. The perfect outfit, the perfect makeup, the perfect picture poses, everything. Whenever I read about the Yule Ball those memories and feels always come flying back to me. Of course, since everything that happens at Hogwarts is double the awesome, the Yule Ball excites me a lot too. I had a lot of fun reading about it and how hopeless Harry and Ron were. The movie made Ron's dress robes even more hideously hilarious and I loved both of Hermione's dresses, be it the book blue or the movie pink.

Today, though, I'm not talking about Harry or Ron or Hermione and her dress. Today, I'm asking myself who would be my date if I was going to attend the Yule Ball, and I have a clear choice. Ideally, I'd want to take Harry. I love him, no other reason needed. I always thought he was the best and from what I imagined him he was pretty awesome looking too - score! In my ideal situation he would have been the perfect date who would have loved going to the Ball and would have had a fun time. But lets face it, Harry was pathetic. He kept brooding over Cho and didn't show any interest in enjoying the Ball at all. He was happier being with Ron instead. Which brings us to Ronald Weasley - dressed badly (hahahahahahahahahahaa!), sulking because he had no guts to ask Hermione out and couldn't stop fussing over Krum, rude, and boring. Definitely not taking Ron with me either. So who did I choose? ...

Fred Weasley, will you go to the Ball with me? Yes, thank you!

Abbie and I like to believe we are the Fred and George of our real world - we're five years apart but considered twins no matter where we go, we're always up to Potter mischief, and we're inseparable. Yesterday, Abbie and I were discussing the Yule Ball. We said it at the same time: FRED AND GEORGE! And then we were laughing at ourselves. It makes perfect sense, I told Abbie, and I also said, "I'm taking Fred, please, I somehow love him more." Abbie did not have a preference as long as it was one of the two so it was decided: Abbie and George and Me and Fred!

Ohhhhhh how perfect it would be. They're both good looking and charming and hilarious and super duper fun. I can say the same for us *winks*! Hahahaha! They're actually super lucky we chose them - we're pretty awesome, you know .... It would be the perfect night. It would be a night full of fun, humor, and mischief. Nothing serious, no problems over other people, no boredom. Just plain fun. I know I'd be laughing my head off my shoulders and forgetting whether allllll the worries in the world ever even existed. You never know, I might even escape the Ball to explore all of Hogwarts' secret passages using the Marauders' Map! Oh, what fun!

Double date.
Me and Fred.
Abbie and George.
Bingo!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. Great choices! I would go with Fred, too :-)

    Ronel visiting with the A-Z Challenge music and writing: So Much Fun to Listen to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yassssssssss! Fred would be the best date! :D Haha! *high five*
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Well, if Harry and Ron can take twins to the ball (the Patels, remember?) I see no reason why you and Abbie can't do the same. Score!

    ReplyDelete