Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Disney's Aladdin ~ Shining, Shimmering, Splendid Indeed!

Oh hey, did everyone arrive already?
Okay, okay. Hang on. Let me get off my magic carpet now so I can tell the tale of my magical experience watching Aladdin. Because that's what I've been doing ever since I watched the movie: ride a fantastical magic carpet in my head. That's what Disney does to you, that's what Aladdin has done to me. The movie literally sat me on a magic carpet and took me for the most beautiful, most gloriously colorful, most shining, shimmering, splendid ride ever. Disney's Aladdin 2019 - my friends - is Disney's best live action remake to date. It's the best, it's the height of awesome, it is undoubtedly number one. And the picture above is from when I got a chance to watch this fabulousness! Look close and you'll see my shoes too.

I'd been living for the trailers and the little scenes and pictures and sneak peeks Disney had been teasing us with for so long. Everything, every little detail, every single scene caused a sea of excitement inside my heart and mind. But let me say this, the trailers do absolutely no justice to what a darn huge piece of awesome this movie actually was. Drama, magic, humor, action, romance - it has everything! It is remarkable the job Disney and the makers of this movie have done - they don't make such movies these days. I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat with excitement, I was singing, I was dancing in my seat ... I was experiencing a multitude of emotions while watching it at the theater. A multitude of VERY strong and VERY intense emotions. Aladdin is undoubtedly going to be my most favorite movie of 2019. A beautiful and extremely talented cast, vibrantly colorful and intricately detailed sets, brilliantly re imagined exact scenes from the original cartoon, and a tonne of magic are what make this one of Disney's most phenomenal movies ever.

With the brightest eyes, widest smiles, and most charming dimples, Mena Massoud plays the most adorable and most lovable Aladdin ever. If they'd chosen anybody else it wouldn't have worked. He's just flawless - fantastic acting, beautiful singing, awesome dancing, and the most contagious smile ever. Okay, wait. Let me rewind a bit. Let me tell you, I did not like the cartoon Aladdin guy at all. He annoyed me so much. So when I found out Aladdin was getting a remake I wasn't hopeful at all. Truth be told, I didn't even pay much attention when Mena was chosen for the role. I saw his picture and it settled somewhere at the back of my mind. Little did I know that one movie later I'd be following Mena Massoud on all possible social media places to make sure I saw more of him in my feed. He's just too good. Thanks to him I have now fallen in love with Aladdin, something that should technically have happened with the cartoon guy, but never did.

I'd like some tea too please?

With a fierceness in her eyes, a charm in her walk, and intensely stunning beauty Naomi Scott brings Jasmine to life in the most brilliant way. Again, Jasmine was never my princess back in the days of the cartoon. Today, Jasmine's one of my favorites thanks to Naomi. Naomi is just ... well, just like Mena, flawless. Her voice touches somewhere deep in the heart, her dance is elegant, and she's the perfect Disney princess. There's this ever so slight bit of naughtiness in her expressions which I adore - makes her so lifelike and real to me. Her performance in Speechless .. well, it left me speechless. I was crying manically in the theater with her. Not sure why, but maybe I know ... it was just heart touching. Naomi's acting is actually very heart warming throughout the movie. She's fierce where it's needed, she's dreamy when time calls for her to be, she's funny and extraordinarily lovable.


Now hey, hey, hey, back up. We're going to need special arrangements here to talk about this guy. Will Smith has outdone himself as genie. In the original cartoon genie was probably my only favorite character. I loved him and how hilarious he was. Without a good genie this remake was going to go down the drains. When I heard Will Smith was going to be the new genie I was actually very excited because Will's a cool guy and it would be great to see what he did with genie, right? RIGHT! If it was even possible, Will Smith has taken Robin William's genie and turned it FIVE times more awesome. Yes, that's right. I have absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED watching Will Smith in the Aladdin movie. If I wasn't already in love with the new Aladdin, I'd totally say the genie was my most favorite (but Mena Massoud was just too good and I do have a soft spot for the guy *winks*). Genie with an attitude, that's Will Smith alright! He brings a fresh bit of genie humor to the scene, with brilliant singing, and fantabulous acting that had me cracking up out loud. Will Smith was TERRIFIC to the T! Nobody could have done this better. I officially declare Will Smith genie superior to Robbin William's genie. OFFICIAL.


Next up I'm talking about Jafar. I was skeptical when I saw who they'd picked for the role because hello, where was Jafar's aged face with jaw lines so sharp they could shred through paper? But honestly, movie's Jafar did a great job. I could easily hate him and not side with him and want him to die in the end. I could get that feel of wanting to punch his face. Hey, I even saw Jafar's jaws in his face somehow. And I have no idea how to explain what I mean by that, but I did, okay? Jafar proved to be the typical gloriously evil Disney villain who gives you a tummy ache from a mix of hate and fear.

The Sultan was supposed to be a plump short adorable grandpa like guy but in the movie he was just as tall as Jasmine and had no weight issues! *laughs* But he was much more authentic and respectable and Sultan-like. Cartoon Sultan wasn't even fit to rule! Hahaha! Extra points to the Sultan by the way when he gives genie the 'go' for the Prince Ali song! LOVED THAT SCENE.

Dalia, Jasmine's handmaiden was one of the movie's best changes made to the original cartoon. She was just the perfect addition. Hilarious, beautiful, and that 'friend' element to Jasmine's character with whom she could discuss everything from the guy she met in the marketplace to the princes who came to woo her. I loved watching Dalia!

I hated Abu in the cartoon but I liked him in the movie. I WANT THAT MAGIC CARPET TO COME AND LIVE WITH ME PLEASE. And I was actually happy with a toned down version of Iago because he annoyed me into insanity in the cartoon. Basically, for me, every single character in the Aladdin movie was a hundred times more awesome than its cartoon version.

So Aladdin came in my life at a time when I was feeling particularly down in the dumps. When I was at an all time low Abbie made plans to go and watch this on the big screen. Miraculously the plan worked out and I found myself seated there with fries and cheese sticks to keep me company. Then what happened on the screen in front of me was just magic. I loved the songs. I loved the dialogues. I loved the outfits. I loved the jewelry. I loved the sets. I loved the cast. I loved the effects. I loved even the extras in the movie. I could go on and on and on about Aladdin - I think I might have become obsessed with it.


It was like Aladdin broke a depressive spell with its magnificence and grandeur. I cried so much in the theater I was worried my makeup would run and I'd have to walk out of the theater looking inhuman. I tend to do that while watching movies but this was just crazy. I cried during the magic carpet ride, Speechless, genie's freedom, Aladdin's being called a street rat, Jasmine being silenced by Jafar, the magic carpet ripping, Raja being sent away .. I even cried when the Disney logo appeared before the movie even started ... I just cried because the movie was one big bomb of emotions exploding on screen in front of me. SHEER BRILLIANCE! I cried at the 'do you trust me?' and even when they first met in the marketplace. I was just crying, crying, crying. That's how AWESOME this was. The movie has Bollywood level emotional moments!

The Aladdin movie is just as the Arabian Nights song goes, "It seems to excite, take off and take flight, to shock and amaze!" It left me mesmerized and it did indeed take me to a whole new world. Indescribable feelings, alright. I didn't even want to blink for the fear that I would miss even a tiny fraction of what was unfolding on the screen in front of me. It meant so much to me that I decided to ignore even my bladder which by the way was screaming to go urgently, somewhere halfway through the movie. Nope, no way was I missing even one moment of this movie even if that meant I had to run to the washroom as soon as Will Smith finished his end credits song. Hahaha! It was intense, okay?

Okay one question.
Does he seriously think anyone would say no to THAT?

Clearly, the movie has had a big impact on me. I haven't been able to get out of the Disney trance. It's funny because nothing in the world, except for Harry Potter, has ever done this to me. And knowing how big of a Potterhead I am, this is saying a LOT. I wish to go and watch it one more time but that's like hoping for the impossible in my life. I do know that I'll be getting this on DVD as soon as it releases and it will definitely be my repeat watch whenever I'm feeling the need to escape the real world. Oh and I also want a genie with unlimited wishes and a magic carpet. And make it a side order of Prince Ali - thank you! Jams will also be appreciated. *winks






I’m in a Disney trance right now! I just returned home from watching Aladdin 🧞‍♂️😍 Best Disney remake to date! Will Smith was fabulous as genie and had the entire theater laughing out loud. Mena Massoud was the perfect Aladdin. I never liked the cartoon Jasmine but Naomi Scott’s version of the princess has made me fall in love with the character again! ✨ I’m going to be blogging about today next! I dolled up all Jasmine inspired and went in full Disney vibes 😉 Being extra is what I do best! Hahaha 😂 〰️〰️〰️ Who else has seen the movie? Love it or not? 〰️〰️〰️ @menamassoud @naomigscott THANK YOU FOR MAKING ALADDIN AND JASMINE SO MUCH MORE AWESOME. And @willsmith *standing ovation* ... no words for you my friend! 〰️〰️〰️ #aladdin #aladdinmovie #aladdin2019 #brooch #disney @disneyaladdin @thedisneyprincesses @disney #princess #princessjasmine #movie #ootd #shinyhappybloggers #blog #blogging #lblog #lblogging #lifestyle #pictureoftheday #lifestyleblogger #bloggingcommunity #blogandbeyond #bloggerlife #bloggersofinstagram
A post shared by Saraallie (@saraallie) on



A post shared by Saraallie (@saraallie) on

No comments:

Post a Comment