Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Some People I Want To Thank On Harry Potter's Birthday!


~ J.K. Rowling ~
Thank you my dear Rowling for deciding to pick up your pen that one special day and writing what has been my entire childhood, what is my current life support system, and what will always be my most cherished fandom ever. Thank you so much for creating the Wizarding World and bringing to life every single person and every little bit of magic within it. Thank you for creating the Potterverse so that I have an alternate universe to escape into - always.


~ Dad ~
Thank you to the man who started my Harry Potter obsession. My Dad was the one who got me my first ever Harry Potter book. Little did he know that he was gifting me something that would stay with me my entire life. Thank you Dad for the best present I have ever received in my life. And then thank you again for surprising me with the American version boxed set when I moved to the US. It hurt when you asked me to leave my books behind. I knew you would send them sometime later but I wanted them to travel with me in my bags. But when I received the boxed set as a surprise on my doorstep ... THANK YOU.

~ Mama ~
Thank you Mama for buying the first few pieces of Potter merch in my collection. Thank you for letting me buy the Weasleys' family clock while we were on vacation that one time. That clock was one of my first BIG movie prop level merch and remains very dear to me to this day. Thank you for always getting me Potter stationery to take to school and even today, thank you for never telling Abbie and I that we were going crazy with all the Potter merch we keep collecting.


~ Abbie ~
Thank you Abbie for being the best Butterbeer buddy ever. Thank you for being a fellow Potterhead. Thank you for spending countless hours of life sitting together, hunting for merch, and then bringing it home, unboxing and snapping and videotaping it and enjoying that feeling together. Thank you for gifting me the first ever trip to The Wizarding World in Orlando on my twenty first birthday. Had you not planned it who knows if we would ever even take a trip there. Thanks for sharing the Potterverse with me.


~ The Potterheads of the Potterverse ~
To every single fan of all kinds, shapes, and sizes ... THANK YOU. Thank you for existing and letting the Potterverse exist. Thank you for being so kind, so loving, so accepting, and so fantabulously cool. Thank you to the random girl at Giant who says she loves my Harry Potter wallet while I check out with my groceries. Thank you to the passerby fan at the mall who points out our Potter bags and starts exclaiming out loud how awesome they are. Thank you to the Potterheads at the Wizarding World in Orlando who speak the Potter language as if it is the only thing we know. Thank you to the Potterheads on Insta who join me every July for my Potterific July Instagram Challenge. Thank you to the entire Potterhead community!


~ The Creators Of Everything Potter ~
Thank you to the creators and makers of everything Harry Potter. Thank you for not ruining our beloved books with some substandard movie versions. Thank you for how brilliantly the books were brought to life on screen. Thank you to every single human whose brain went into the creation of the Wizarding World parks across the globe - you've made the Potterverse exist for real for all of us and I just cannot thank you enough. Thank you to the cast and crew of the movies, the Cursed Child plays - you are all awesome and have been so true and brilliant to the Harry Potter books. Thank you to the staff at the Wizarding World in Orlando for being so authentic. Thank you for every single person who imagines, designs, creates, and sells every single piece of beautiful Harry Potter merchandise. Thank you to every single human being for adding to Rowling's magic.


~ Harry Potter ~
Thank you to the Boy Who Lived for changing, touching, and saving my life in more ways than just one. Thank you Harry for being a character I can relate with. Thank you Harry for falling into Rowling's life when she needed you so that she brought you in my life through her magical words. Thank you Harry for existing! Now, and always.


Happy birthday Harry Potter!
Happy birthday J.K. Rowling!

My beautiful Harry Potter themed cake!

I'm sharing my 'Yer a Wizard Harry!' Cake again today in honor of Harry Potter and Rowling's birthdays! Here's to a million more years of Potterific awesomeness! Here's to many more generations of Potterheads! Raising a Butterbeer toast for Harry and Rowling! You are to me and to many Potterheads like me so much more than just a book or a movie.
Potterhead forever. And ever. Potterhead for life! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment