Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Starting August On A Sweet Note - Extra Sweet Note

Ever since I started celebrating a Harry Potter focused July and began hosting the brilliant PotterificJuly Insta Challenge, the end of July has become a sad affair for me. When the month ends it takes with it the excitement of the Insta challenge and I'm left kind of heart broken. So it has become essential for me to somehow try and make August's beginnings good so that I don't end up feeling too pathetic about the month's start. Just like last year, this year too our Mall Day timed perfectly with the start of August. So while mama got her hair done Abbie and I had some quality BestieTime to ourselves at the mall. We planned our day around pretty outfits and sinful binges but little did we know how grave of a sinful binge we were going to end up indulging in ...

Brownie and Oreo Cupfection and Caramel Cannonball Blizzard

I really don't know what happened and how it happened. Somehow, we found ourselves seated at a table in the food court with these beautiful desserts in front of us. I promise we didn't do it, we didn't plan it, it just happened. Also, surprisingly, for a change I wasn't responsible for this; Abbie had some moment of insanity and she ended up ordering these. I had suggested an innocent little ice cream binge but when we began ordering Abbie went wild. Hahahaha! I told her we should get one and share like we always do, but she said we should try two flavors. Then I told her to get the tiniest size of the Blizzard but she thought the cup was too small so she got the slightly larger one instead. Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all! Hahahaha! It was heavy and left us with feelings of intense guilt but it was so worth it!

See what I mean? It was totally worth it. After so so so long we indulged in something so huge and sinful and regardless of how guilty we felt breaking our diets and cheating THIS bad, it also felt so good. The Brownie and Oreo Cupfection was a sweet reminder of the times when we used to go out for long drives and used to get McDonald's chocolate sundaes from the drive through. Such good times they were. Of course McD's sundae was so tiny and innocent compared to what this was. This actually had a giant piece of a very dense fudge brownie in it with pieces of crushed Oreos and lots of chocolate sauce in a delicious Vanilla ice cream. The brownie was GIANT - no kidding. So delicious and so heavy and so so so worth it! The Caramel Cannonball was extreme too - caramel coated truffles and toffee pieces and caramel topping ... mmmm mmmmmmm!

It's true, it did feel like vacation in a cup. We usually indulge like this only while on vacation ... *sighs* the feel of these delicious ice creams still remains on my tongue. I wish I could go back and eat some more - but I also wish I could eat eat eat and not gain weight. All wishes can't come true though, right? Right. They cannot. But here's hoping and wishing the rest of August would be this happening and sweet and heavy loaded with awesomeness too!

No comments:

Post a Comment