Thursday, August 15, 2019

Hey Sunshine! My Summer 2019 AwesomeBoard!

Hey sunshine! Look who just entered the scene? Saraallie - the Summer hater. Can you believe that a person who hates Summers with a passion created this gorjabulous AwesomeBoard? Think of it as my coping mechanism. If I don't do all of this I would probably not survive the Summer season at all. You'd find me dead just at the beginning of the season - cause of death: melted from heat or had a heart attack because of a bug sighting. Seriously, Summers and I do not bond together AT ALL. So while the world is going crazy over the sunshine and the outdoors and whatever other horrible stuff, I can be found indoors trying to make the most of Summer. One such day, I put together my beautiful Summer 2019 AwesomeBoard too. It's all about the rare good things of Summer that I can actually tolerate. Let me show it off!

I printed out a cute Summer header and then used my Sharpies to color it in. A combination of stripes and polka dots and squares and squigglies ended up looking super cute. It looks bright and bold and happy and funky against the flip flops graphic I added, which I'd found in a magazine. I love how pretty and colorful the flip flops are. Plus that bit of sky adds a very Summery happy feel to the board - a feel that otherwise is missing from the world during this season. Hmph.

This is my favorite part from my Summer 2019 AwesomeBoard. I printed these out after having Googled them. I love chilled watermelon in the Summer (eaten indoors of course) so a cute watermelon just had to be part of my display. I also love heart shaped sunglasses (I don't own a pair but one day I think I will). And of course, I crave ice creams all the time and especially during the Summer heat. Look at how adorable the ice cream cone is!!! And look close and you'll spot my Love magnet with the vintage radio stereo deck thingy!

I've been obsessed with pom poms lately!!! And when I found this Summery bag in a magazine with those adorable pom poms I immediately knew this had to be a part of my Summer 2019 AwesomeBoard! Isn't it gorgeous? I love the pom poms but I'm still a bit if-y about straw tote bags. I wonder if I'd like them if I had one?

Andddddddddddddddd then I did this to myself. I'm on a diet trying to shed some weight before my favorite Fall and Winter seasons arrive. I don't know why I did this to myself but I did! Hahahaha! This delicious cone stacked with delicious scoops of ice cream ... look at it dripping ... look at it ... look at the waves of perfection in the chocolate flavored scoop. JUST LOOK AT IT! And then check out the deliciousness right next to it. Again, if anybody knows WHY I did this to myself, please let me know!

Another one of my favorites from the board is this! Hey Sunshine! Also from a magazine. I loved how bright and beautiful this looked. Against it I put up some feel good positive vibes magnets. They're all Starbucks cards which Abbie and I turn into magnets. They all say nice stuff like 'you're adorable', 'you're the best', and 'you're awesome'! A little positive reminder of self love is always nice, don't you think?

This is the most special part of my Summer board. It is my very own personal popsicle. My very own. My niece Gubby made this for me all by herself. She told me she was going to get me a rainbow popsicle one day and she sure did. One fine day she excitedly came running to me and handed this to me. "BEEYA I MADE YOU A RAINBOW POPSICLE!" It was still nowhere near Summer time back then but I knew that whenever I'd put together my Summer board this would totally have to go on it! It's glittery with a purple stick and extremely close to my heart!

Another feel good graphic that reminds me to not forget to be awesome! Also, check out my 'Let's Chill' Starbucks card magnet against the popsicles I found in a magazine. It's all so cool and happy - unlike the actual Summer season passing me by outside my room's window. Ughhh.


I wish the Summer season could be even like half as awesome as my Summer AwesomeBoard. I wish it could be this happy and peaceful and funky and bright and beautiful! But no. What do I get? Bugs and heat and more bugs and even more bugs. *Sighs* Please, someone make Summers end. I'm just going to go ahead and start pretending Fall is coming soon. Seriously. From today onward I officially declare FALL IS ARRIVING! Bye Summer season - Saraallie declares you done and dusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment