Wednesday, January 15, 2020

My Year 2019 In Books - Straight From GoodReads

Another year has ended and so has another GoodReads Reading Challenge. And guess whatttt? I was once again successful at keeping up with my reading goals. I only sign up for as much as I really know is possible with my extremely demanding family and hectic life schedule, so I signed up to read a total of five books. Usually by the time December begins I get into panic mode about not being able to finish my reading challenge, but in 2019 I did good and knew I'd be able to without any panic. Yay!

I finished the re read of my beloved Harry Potter series with the last book. Deathly Hallows was the first book of my year. Then I went into a short reading coma where I just could not bring myself to get into any other book at all because that is what happens after I do Harry Potter!

When I finally broke out of the spell (pun intended) I read some other good books. I think my next favorite was Murder On the Orient Express. I finally got to read one of Agatha's works and I really like it. Hopefully I'll be looking out for more of her books now. I read another mystery, The Sisters. It was gripping and kept me guessing till the very end. The ending was a big WOW. I liked it!

Another book I really was looking for ward to read was Someday Someday Maybe from Lauren Graham. I wanted to read what she had written. It was a good book, a fun read, a feel good vibe. However, I could not separate the book's character from her Lorelai character from Gilmore Girls which left me a weeeeeeeeeeee bit disappointed. But I still did like the book and will read more from her! And finally, I read Lift and Separate. It was a sweet book. I think I'm happier reading about younger characters and this book revolved around older characters. It wasn't the best book in the world but I did like reading it and it left me happy with its happy ending.

It was a goooooooooood year of reading for me. I read work from new authors and tried some books I had really had my eyes on for some time now. I kept up with my love of reading and successfully finished my GoodReads Reading Challenge for 2019. Here's a summary straight from GoodReads!

Read the summary right on GoodReads by clicking here. Then come and find me and follow me so we can stay connected! You can find my GoodReads profile here!

No comments:

Post a Comment