Saturday, January 25, 2020

Movies I Watched In 2019

2019 was a good year for movies. Yes, I saw some REALLY crappy ones but mostly I watched really good movies that made me happy. BIGGEST MOVIE HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR WAS ALADDIN! The best movie I watched in 2019 for sure! In fact, it is the best Disney remake ever! Totally in love with it. The next best highlight was me finally getting to watch all the Twilight movies. I hate Stewart as Bella and will never forgive her for the way she ruined Bella's character, but I am a Twihard and yessssss, I loved watching the movies. The movies have resulted in a re read of the entire Twilight series, which I am currently enjoying very very much. I kept a log of all the movies I watched so I could post it here at the end of the year. I'm obviously late! Hahaha! But that's okay! Here's all the movies I watched in 2019 and what I thought about them in short reviews! Can't wait to watch more good movies in 2020!

First Time Watches
Image result for rajma chawal movie
A good one this was! I watched it because I find Rishi Kapoor funny. I did not like the guy or the girl in the main leads but the film was good, the story was good, and it was all fun to watch! I laughed and I had fun!

Image result for before i wake movie poster
Ooooh this was good. Not the best horror films of my life but a good one. I liked the concept but I do think something better could have happened - better in the sense that it could have been scarier. A good watch though!

Image result for killer under the bed movie poster
Total time waste. Total absolute time waste. Actually, about a couple minutes into the movie Abbie and I decided we would only watch this till the end to laugh at how absurd this was. Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. And by the way except for one second of the entire movie, the 'killer' was never under any bed. Thank you.

Related image
Okay, I will say this first: I absolutely hate Ayushman Khurana. I still wanted to watch this because I had heard it was funny and if I was ever going to give watching Khurana a chance it was through a funny movie with at least a good story. I tried. I still did not like him AT ALL. But the movie was funny, minus the sexual themes which I thought weren't even needed. Not the best movie though, I could totally see someone else making and starring in this movie and turning it into so much more. That Gippi movie once was along the same lines of the main character being fat and was so good. This, not so much, but a fine one time watch.

Image result for new moon movie poster
Image result for eclipse movie posterImage result for breaking dawn part 1 movie posterImage result for breaking dawn part 2 movie poster
I finally finally finally got to watch all the Twilight movies! Yay! I watched them all one by one and I think the last two were the best thanks to the battles. The first three clearly disappoint compared to the books and I absolutely do not like Bella being played by Stewart (no emotions at all!). But even with all my complaining I still am a Twilight fan so of course I'll watch the movies again whenever I wish to!!!

Image result for the boy movie poster
Okay. This one left me ANGRY. They should definitely not advertise this as a scary movie. There was nothing scary about this, because the doll is doing nothing! I played this thinking this would be Chucky like but when I figured out the ending I was furious. This is totally misleading advertising. It is NOT a horror movie and the doll is doing nothing! Psycho.

Image result for sanju movie poster
One of the good movies I watched in 2019. It was a really really really well done biopic. Made me cry, made me doubt, made me support, made me feel a tonne of things. Brilliant movie and brilliant acting! This man is Sanjay Dutt, he doesn't even need to do much to be him.

Image result for aladdin movie poster
BEST BEST BEST BEST BESTTTTTTTTTTT MOVIE IN THE WORLD! The best movie EVERRRRRRRRRR! The best movie I watched in 2019!!! BESTTTTTTTTTT. I fell in love and I could say SO much more here but since I've already said it before ... here's a link to my detailed review on Aladdin!!!

Image result for hotel transylvania 3 movie poster
I always like the Hotel Transylvania movies! This one was a good watch too! I watched it on the plane and found myself laughing. The first one is still my favorite I think, but this is a good sequel too!

Image result for the theory of everything movie poster
I cried soooooooooooooooooooo bad. SO BAD. This is such a good movie. I think everybody should watch this once in their lifetime. It really shakes you. To see a man's dedication, to see a woman's dedication. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant! Must watch!

Image result for the suicide squad movie poster
I have mixed feelings about this. I enjoyed watching all the action and all the cool stuff but it still wasn't something I'd want to watch again. I don't know?

Image result for badla movie poster
Oooooooooh another good movie! Really good one. Loved the suspense. Kept me guessing till the end. Very good. I watched this twice because I watched it with Abbie again. Really good.

Image result for murder mystery movie poster
Not the most hilarious movie in the world but funny! It was a good watch, the killer was a surprise, and I enjoyed watching it. I'm not a very big fan of Adam Sandler and maybe that is why I didn't go crazy about the movie? But I did like it and would totally recommend for anybody looking for a good movie to watch.

Second and Hundredth Time Watches
Image result for harry potter half blood prince movie
After all this time?
Always.
Harry Potter movies always always always!

Image result for ittefaq movie poster
I watched this one again because I forced Abbie to watch it. I like this movie a lot and even watching it a second time was fun. Of course, extra points for Malhotra looking so nice in the movie. BUT, I think I have said this before too ... my favorite is Akhsay Khanna's character in this movie. Love watching him try to solve the mystery.

Image result for scream movie poster
After agessssssssssssss I watched this again. I'd seen this when I was a child and of course I had understood not even half of what the plot was. When I was a kid this had scared my pajamas off. I had also watched it with a tonne of sensors and all. This time it was like watching it for the first time. I understood it, I watched all the murders and everything ... and I ended up laughing! Hahahahahaha! Sorry. I'm not insensitive. The murders were gore-y and bad and sad but it all looked so fake. Billy did not look as pretty as he did back when I was a kid. Even ghost face didn't scare me!

Image result for the shallows movie poster
Okay unlike the last one, this one does scare my pajamas off. I watched it for the third time and it still gave me a stomach ache. Blake Lively is my favorite, of course. The shark, not so much. My worse nightmare!!! This is a fab movie and I think if it showed up again for the fourth time, I would watch it again!!!

Image result for san andreas movie poster
I'd seen this one on a plane a while back but sadly had missed the ending because we had landed. This time I got to watch it all the way to the end. This gave me a stomach ache too. Ground splitting, earth cracking, stuff shaking ... creeps me out. Very good movie!

Image result for twilight movie poster
Of course, I watched Twilight again because I watched them all. I'd seen this one when I was a teenager but I hadn't seen the rest of them. Minus Stewart as Bella, I'm a Twilight fan and I like this! Totally will watch it over and over ... but will always hate Stewart for how badly she ruined Bella's character.

Image result for finding nemo movie posterImage result for finding dory movie poster
LOVEEEEEEEEE NEMO AND DORY! I think these two will show up in my list every year because Gubby and I love watching these movies together! Every single character is to be adored and loved! BRILLIANT MOVIES!!!

Image result for john tucker must die movie poster
Realllllly old one which I got to watch again after years. I don't think I liked it at all this time. Everyone is just so exaggerated, no? But hey, I had totally forgotten who the other Tucker brother was and when Badgley showed up I jumped off the sofa shouting, "DAN HUMPHREYYYYYYYYYY!" Hahahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. I never used to watch more than one or two movies a year, but with streaming services available now, I can watch more. My daughter and I have started choosing and watching a movie together when I have a night off so listing all the movies we see at the end of the year might be a fun thing to do. If I ever get a blog, that is. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one :D And keeping track of all the movies is real fun at the end of the year when I get to see all that I ended up watching :D

      Delete