Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Highlights of 2019 In Pictures

Woah woah woah! What was 2019? Was it good? Was it not good?
I know it certainly wasn't 'bad' bad, regardless of how awful the downs of this year were!
The year started horribly for me with sickness and more sickness but the snow turned things around and I got a good rest of the year. Birthdays this year were extra awesome as my cakes improved even more and I spun out more and more master pieces for everybody's celebrations! Seriously, my cakes were FAB. More fab than what they usually are.
A major highlight of the year was Aladdin! I watched the movie twice in the theater, I fell in love with every single bit of it, andddddddd I got Mena Massoud to reply back to me on Twitter! Wow. 2019 had lots of outdoor picnics and hangouts which is very unlike me and yet I managed to survive it all! Hahaha! Some really good creative vibes throughout the year too including me finally returning to my scrapbooking hobby.
And finally, LOTS of Harry Potter, including hosting another hit Potterific July and ending the year at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER END AND START OF AN YEAR!!!

Sick Start to the Year
I returned from an Umrah trip when 2019 began and fell sick. January was sick sick sick and I felt like I'd have a terrible year because of a terrible start. But like all else, this too ... passed! I lived to tell the tale!

Finished Re-Reading Harry Potter
No photo description available.
A Harry Potter re read is always the best best bestttttttt! Deathly Hallows was my first book of 2019 and with it I finished another re read of the magical series for the gazillionumpteenthoontumpth time in my life!

Winter Wonderland Fun with the Bubbster Club
Image may contain: snow, tree, outdoor and nature
Luna and Queenie, the Gryffindor snow women celebrated a gorgeous Winter season with us. I got my perfect Winter wonderland and had snow-loads of fun with the Bubbster club! Read all about it here!

Winter Board 2019 ~ Dashing Through the Snow

Put together a bright and happy Winter board! Find the gorgeous details here!

New Potter Shelf Addition to my Potterhead Corner
Image
I've added a new half-sized shelf  to my Potterheads corner in 2019 because of course I needed more space! Hahahahahaha! I plan on sharing more deets soon!

XoXo Art

Yep, I made the beautiful XoXo art! Isn't it beautiful? Find more pictures here!

Rekindling My Scrapbooking Hobby

Finallyyyyyyyyyyy. 2019, I started scrapbooking again and I love it so much! Read all about it here!

Toy Shopping With the Gubbster

Of course, when Daada came to meet the grand daughters they got extra pampered. I went out on a major shopping spree with Gubby, Dad, Mama, and Abbie. Gubby was allowed to pick her favorite toys because Daada wanted to gift her something of her liking! Hahahaha! Read more here!

Saniyay's Birthday Lunch at BJs
Image may contain: 1 person
Celebrated Sania's Birthday at BJs with Jeffree Star and Gaston references and hashtags geela mouza!

Advices and Realizations

Celebrated Dad's Birthday
Image may contain: food
I finally got to bake something for dad with my very own hands and have him cut it on his birthday! This was a sugar free lemon blueberry barley tea bread with a vanilla pudding glaze!

Chunky Turned ONE Year Old
Image may contain: food
My darling little rainbow baby turned ONE year old and I made her the adorable Somewhere Over the Rainbow cake. We celebrated a mini birthday BBQ on her birthday and then a couple days later we threw her a rainbow themed party with this cutie pie cake of mine! SHE WAS SO HAPPY! It was a treat to watch her with my cake!

BJs Again With Kyoozee
Image may contain: dessert and food
For the love of Pizookie!

Potterific A to Z - April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
I took part in the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge again in 2019 and this time my theme was all Harry Potter! Find all the magic of my Potterific A to Z here!

Ramadan 2019
Image may contain: shoes, possible text that says 'Ramadan Mubarak from saraallie BAKED SARA'S REATIONS sara's BaKed creations sar saraallie.blo9spot.com'
We always do our creative best to make Ramzan a super happening affair and we did it again for 2019. Read my Ramadan wish here! Check out the Ramadan gift baskets we gave to our nieces Gubby and Chunky here - they loved them so much and it got them extra excited about Ramadan. And finally, check out our gorjabulous Ramadan decor here!

Eid ul Fitr 2019
In my opinion, the better one of the two Eids! Hahaha! It was fun! Find my Eid wish here!

Celebrating FIVE years since Graduation
2019 marked FIVE years since the day I graduated! What a day it was!!! WHAT A DAY!!!

ALADDIN ~ Shining, Shimmering, Splendid!
I don't care what else I did the entire year but THISSSSS was a major highlight of 2019 for me. I watched Aladdin on the big screen soon after its release and it was a whole new world ... a shining, shimmering, splendid one! I connected with the movie on an emotional level because I was going through shitty times when I watched it. Here's what I wrote in a post back then, "The movie literally sat me on a magic carpet and took me for the most beautiful, most gloriously colorful, most shining, shimmering, splendid ride ever. Disney's Aladdin 2019 - my friends - is Disney's best live action remake to date. It's the best, it's the height of awesome, it is undoubtedly number one. And the picture above is from when I got a chance to watch this fabulousness! Look close and you'll see my shoes too." Read more here!

Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
On the eleventh of June 2019 Abbie and I enjoyed watching the opening of this fabulous ride live on TV. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT! SO MUCH NERVOUSNESS! We are NOT roller coaster people but we had decided 2019 was going to be the year we rode this beast of a coaster!!! HAAAAA.

Spring AwesomeBoard 2019
Flowers and bright colors and girly vibes. Check out my Spring board here!

Poke Them With Your Umbrella Chalkboard Art
Here's a fun chalkboard art I did!

Summer Picnic
It takes a great deal of bravery to attend an outdoor Summer picnic when you're scared of bugs. I was the brave soul who did it! Hahahaha! At least I got to put on a good outfit and eat good dessert!

Fourth of July
Image may contain: food and indoor
Image may contain: outdoor
If floating on a giant unicorn isn't a major highlight than I don't know what is! Hahahaha! Loved our pool parties this year. On the fourth of July we had a super fun BBQ and pool party with the nieces!

Introduced To Smores
Yessssssssssssssss. The very popular Smores were never before tried by the Saraallie. In 2019 I fell in love with Smores after trying them for the first time ever! Read about it here!

I can't believe I am saying this but July has become one of my favorite months of the year thanks to my PotterificJuly Instagram challenge! I hosted it again this year and was so happy to find out people had actually been waiting for it! Find all about it here! And to read the awesomeness I wrote and showed off during the month go here for a list of all the Potterific stuff!

Started August On An Extra Sweet Note
Brownie and Oreo Cupfection and Caramel Cannonball Blizzard marked the start of August for me. Read about what Abbie and I did with these here!

Summer AwesomeBoard
I may dislike Summer but check out my beautiful Summer board here!

Pool Parties
We did a few this year and I loved my niece's unicorn float so much! But then I also hate Summers and felt totally burnt out by the time it came to an end. Read my rant/venting here!

I Love Myself ~ Defining My Own Labels
My next piece from the I Love Myself series. Find it here!

Watched Twilight Again
Image result for twilight
I took the chance in 2019 when the movies aired on TV to watch them all!! I hadn't seen the last three and I finally did! I think in 2010 I'm going to re read this awesome book series! I'd loved the books back when they'd come out and was a big fan!

Aladdin Round Two
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, wedding
YESSSSS! I GOT TO WATCH IT AGAIN!!!!!!
BEST DISNEY LIVE ACTION EVERRRRRRRRRRRR!

Watching Childhood Videos
Image may contain: screen
I thoroughly enjoyed watching videos from my childhood!!! SUCH good memories and such idiotic times hahahahahahahahaha!

October Photography Month
Unfortunately what used to be a super fun highlight since the past few years, the October Photography Challenge, was a flop this year. People were hardly serious about the challenge and there was no buzz and excitement and I felt like I was doing it like a chore which nobody was appreciating or even looking at. I don't think I will be doing this next year! I didn't even have the heart left to finish this one but I somehow did amap. Disappointment!

#Doodleween Spooktober 2019
SPOOKTOBER WAS AWESOME!!! I had way way wayyyyyyy too much fun taking part in this! Find all my doodles here!

Po Turns Nine Years Old
Image may contain: indoor
Love this guy.

Chunky Turns One and a Half Years Old ~ The Chunkella Monster Cake
Image may contain: food
Chunky darling turned one and a half years old in October and to celebrate her I made this adorable Chunkella Cake Monster! Isn't it super cute?

Mama's Birthday and the Flower Pot Cake
Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor
Mama celebrated her birthday in October and I made her a flower pot cake!
I am in love with this master piece!!! It looked SO REAL!!!

Featured on Global Sugar Art
Moments like theeeeeeeese! My Fancy Nancy cake got featured on Global Sugar Art! So proud of myself! Super duper happy!

Twenty Eighth Birthday
The event of the yearrrrrrrrrrrr! SARAALLIE TURNED TWENTY EIGHT YEARS OLD!!! I celebrated an extremely cute birthday that was all donuts themed! Abbie made me a super cute cake with donuts stacked on top and I spent a day of feeling extra awesome! Check out pictures and read all about my birthday's happenings here and also here!

28th Birthday's AwesomeBoard
And of course all the cuteness from the birthday had to result in a super cute AwesomeBoard display! Check out the details and close ups here!

Fall Picnic at Lake Burke
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, plant, outdoor and nature
I braved yet another outdoor picnic but this time with beautiful Fall views and decent food! It was an adventure. And I had a near death experience. Read about what I survived here!

Autumn 2019's AwesomeBoard
Fall is my favorite and I think everything looks more beautiful in Fall! Check out my beautiful Fall AwesomeBoard here!

Abbie's Birthday - Cauldron Cake
Image may contain: dessert and food
Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That is cake and yes I made it! For my Abbie's birthday!

Gubby's 5th Birthday - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!!
No photo description available.
And on the twentieth of November my darling Gubby turned FIVE years old! To celebrate we threw her a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed birthday and of course I had to recreate the entire clubhouse in cake version! I am EXTREMELY proud of this cake ... it took me four days to perfect it and had so many tiny details .... the kid LOVED it!

She Called Me Beeya on November's 22nd!
After more than one and a half years of waiting ... CHUNKY FINALLY CALLED ME BEEYA!

MENA MASSOUD TWEETS TO ME
Image may contain: 2 people, text
STOP THE WORLD ... THIS IS A BIG BIG BIG MOMENT! Mr. Aladdin Sir tweeted back!!! MENA MASSOUD REPLIED TO MY TWEET ON TWITTERRRRRRRRRRRRR! And then I couldn't sleep for hours!!!

BACK HOME AT HOGWARTS
MAGICAL MISCHIEF 2019-2020
ABBIE AND I RETURN TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
ABBIE AND I RETURNED TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER AFTER TWO YEARS! HOGWARTS WAS THERE TO WELCOME US HOME AS ALWAYS.
We went crazy. We were drunk on magic. We were ecstatic. This was it. This was heaven. This was OUR time. OUR Bestie Time! What a fabulous end to 2019 and what a brilliant way to begin the new year ... the new decade! WOW. Cherry on top finale for sure!!!

Successfully Completed the Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I did it! Time to go sign up for the new 2020 challenge now!

No comments:

Post a Comment