Monday, April 13, 2020

Knuts, Sickles, Galleons, and Chocolate!

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn,
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

Dear darling Gringotts, the white rickety building, that one with the magnificent dragon sitting on top. That is the most iconic sight in Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Universal Orlando Resort. So of course, Gringotts is very close to my heart. I hear Gringotts and instantly the whole reel starts playing in my head: walking up to Diagon Alley, Abbie by my side, happiness in my heart, the rickety building, the fire breathing dragon, the vacation vibes, the magic ... *sighs* Beautiful memories and all of them with Gringotts somewhere or the other!

A building so special, a place so important, and a part of the magical story so crucial to the plot - of course I needed to own Gringotts merchandise to add to my collection. As we entered the Gringotts Money Exchange a little farther away from the Gringotts Bank itself, our eyes first witnessed the sulky Goblin seated behind his desk. He really does sulk and try asking him a question and he'll prove exactly how sulky he is! Hahahaha! And next we noticed the merch they were selling.

Pouches that looked like sacks full of gold coins looked at me. They had the Gringotts Bank seal printed on them and they smelled delicious. Upon taking a closer look I figured out they contained Gringotts gold coins made of CHOCOLATE. So that is where that delicious smell was coming from! Aha! Believe me, it took me years to convince Abbie that we seriously couldn't avoid those beautiful pouches anymore. Finally, finally, finally I bought myself one and Abbie did too! And what a great decision it was!

Isn't it beautiful? It's beige and has a burlap-ish texture to it and the Gringotts seal is my favorite part! It now stays in my Potterhead's Corner. In the shelf, I've placed it right next to my Gringotts replica, which is a coin bank that looks exactly like Gringotts and even has the Ukrainian Ironbelly on its top. Just next to this sack of gold coins stands my Bellatrix Funko Pop! It's such a beautiful little Gringottsy corner!

Inside the pouch I found gold! I found gold, you guys! Gold foil wrapped chocolate coins! If you ask me chocolate coins are even better than actual gold! Hahahahaha! They're so pretty that now I have to find a way to somehow reuse the gold wrappers after devouring the chocolates inside. I really cannot throw those gold wrappers away! Here's a closer look ...

They're Galleons! Check out the dragon! CHECK THEM OUT! Aren't they super cool?! I'm in love with them. There is NO WAY that I am going to throw these away. The question is, how do I clean them up after eating the chocolates and then reshape them so they continue looking like coins? Hmmm ... something to think about!

I also have yet to try the chocolate itself. Until I try one I can't tell you what it tastes like. Judging from the delicious smell coming from these coins though, it will turn out to be really yummy, I'm sure! They smell of the REALLY good kind of chocolate, you know? Just like the Chocolate Frogs they have at the Wizarding World. It's making my mouth water and I just can't wait to indulge in these! Whenever I do, I'll make sure I have an update here on my blog! For now, I'll just dream about the deliciousness ... Mmmm mmmm!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment