Friday, January 29, 2021

My Year 2020 In Books and the 2021 GoodReads Challenge

Look at that! That is my brilliant GoodReads Reading Challenge from 2020! I promised myself that I would read five books last year and I'm so proud of myself because I successfully completed the challenge. When the year began I had a plan for reading the Twilight series all over again. I'd been a teen when I'd read them and I loved the books but the not-so-good movies had tainted my Twilight memories. So a good re-read was long overdue. That meant four out of five books were sorted. Then what would be my fifth read?

Enter MIDNIGHT SUN.

How perfect for a fifth book of the Twilight series to coincide with my decision to re-read the books. Now obviously since I've been so crazy with my hectic life schedule I wasn't following book news enough to know when that promised fifth book was releasing. So this came as a BIG surprise and a very pleasant one too. For I loved, loved, LOVED Midnight Sun. I loved it so much I will definitely be re-reading this one again too. Oh and of course, I'm always Team Edward, for life!

Here's a summary of my year 2020 in books straight from my GoodReads profile!


It was an year of the Twilight Saga for me. I felt so awesome getting lost in the Twilight world again. It brought back so many memories and yet felt so new and different reading the books as a grown up this time. Beautiful books, beautiful writing, beautiful Edward hahahahahahahaaaaaa! I love Edward, I can't help it.

But anyhow, now it is a new year - 2021! So it is time to take up another GoodReads challenge. Once again I'm signing up and challenging myself to read five books this year. Knowing how busy I become five shall be more challenging this year I think. Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows!? I just know I want to make sure I keep reading no matter how hectic life becomes because reading makes me so happy.


This year I have nothing planned. I'm not re-reading any series nor am I planning my five reads ahead of time. I'll just go with the flow and read whatever from my TBR pile. Hopefully I'll fit in a variety of genres but I'm not too worried as long as whatever I end up reading is good and lets me have fun. My first read for the year is the book called 'When Life Happened' by Jewel E. Ann. I've been reading it throughout January and so far I have mixed feelings about it. I don't like the language but it is still making an interesting read. I'm waiting for the big twist the book's reviews had promised and looking forward to figuring out what happens next!

Cheers to an year full of good books and great stories!
Oh and good luck to me with my reading goals for 2021!

Oh oh oh wait, before you leave! Are you on GoodReads too? Come and find me and follow me so we can stay connected! You can find my GoodReads profile here!

No comments:

Post a Comment