Friday, January 22, 2021

Finally! My Resolutions for 2021!

I take my time writing up my resolutions for a new year because I really do want to take them seriously. From thinking of what to resolve on, making a plan on how to do it, and actually doing it - everything is a pretty big deal for me. That and the fact that my life's schedule just keeps getting more and more full of other people's work are the reasons why my resolutions are coming in almost at the end of January when the world has already moved past the whole new-year-woohoo phase. But hey, as long as I made it before the first month of the year finished all's good. This year is extra important to me because it shall be my last as a twenty something year old. I will be turning thirty in October, God willing! I am so excited and so looking forward to it! This year's resolutions come with that thought in mind too! So here we go!

Love myself truly, madly, deeply!
Self love is always number one for me. This world is simply too horrible and too full of haters - well, at least my side of the globe is that way. I've decided to not count on anybody else to feel loved. In a world full of people with selfish motives, evil plans, and hearts full of malice let mine be the one heart that beats for myself. Let me care for myself and love myself truly, madly, deeply! This resolution includes vowing to take care of my body, my needs, my mental peace, my everything!

Live in the moment!
If there's anything the pandemic taught us it is how unexpected, unpredictable, and totally crazy this life is. Last year I had resolved to live in the moment and I'd done that to the best of my abilities and it had been so good for my heart and mind. This year too I resolve to live in the moment. This year I need it more than ever with the kind of lifestyle changes I face. I promise I will try my best to not panic over situations, take it a day at a time, live in the moment, and live my heart out! I will wear that new shirt instead of saving it. I will post that awesome picture instead of waiting for a better time. I will do whatever I want, whatever is to be done there and then. I will live in the now and not wait for that 'right time' and that 'eventually'!

Shut my heart to haters!
I've honestly had it. I have accepted defeat against my misfortune of attracting only horrible people in my life. I know and I accept that it is that way no matter how hard I try to hold on to relations or how desperately I try to be my best version of human possible. Truth is I am too good for these lowlifes. Yes, I said it. However, even having realized and having accepted that people will send hate towards me I have an annoying habit of still holding concern in my heart. Oh and worse, showing that concern to said haters. That is what I vow to change this year. I will be working on shutting my heart to haters. No, I will not run after them if they wish to run away. I will not let them tread on my emotions and break my heart. My heart's just too precious to me, sorry! 2021, I shall be shutting my heart and becoming immune to haters.

Become spiritually stronger!
My heart needs this one. I will be trying something new this year which is that I won't make a plan for this. I will do as much as possible and work on this as much as I can without setting any limits or goals to disappoint myself with.

Find and break a bad habit!
I found one at the end of 2020 and I'm already working on it and doing well enough. I shall do thissss! The only issue is, I told Abbie about this one and now she's leaving no chance to bother me about it! Hahaha!

Try/learn something new!
At first I wanted to spell it out and decide what exactly I wanted to try/learn this year but then I decided I should leave this open ended. I have several ideas in my mind and I'm super excited about this one too!

Stop advising when not asked!
Oh I have suffered so much just because I advise out of concern. I always end up getting misunderstood or scolded or hated or shouted at or humiliated. I tried to vow about this one last year too but failed. Terrible things happened to me because of that. This year I want to try again.

Shed off the extra weight!
I've reached the point of body peace in my heart where fat shaming doesn't bother me at all. I also don't want to be thin the way I wanted to be back when I was in school or as a teenager. My views have changed. I like curves as long as they aren't turning out of control and causing health concerns and diminishing your good looks. So this isn't some unrealistic OMG I will shed off all my weight and turn super thin kind of resolution. Over the past few years I have on and off gained here and there and it has piled up in all the wrong places which doesn't make me happy. That is what I shall be targeting. Normally I wouldn't add it as a resolution but I want to make sure I do it this year rather than push it off for later and make it worse. Because we all know how difficult losing weight can be! Ugh, I love food!

I have some big plans for this year. I have some good plans for this year. I'm looking forward to working on all of them too! Lets see how I do in 2021! Good luck to me and to all those who've formed resolutions big or small just like me!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck, my dear friend. I have no goals right now other than to get better at my job. Sometimes my absentmindedness makes that very difficult, you know?

    Here's looking forward to an improved us in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to an improved us! Don't be too hard on yourself Suzanne, I'm sure you are amazing at what you do! <3 Wishing you all the best!
      Have a fabulous 2021!

      Delete