Friday, September 3, 2021

Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino from Starbucks


It was an extremely hot day, the kind that makes you feel like your edges have melted and gone gloopy. I could swear the sun would set fire to me if I stayed out for longer than a minute. We were headed to pick up some bananas and milk from the grocery store. The only reason why I wasn't complaining was because I had Abbie by my side and I was heading out alone with her after an year (thanks to the pandemic). To me, even the sun couldn't melt my happy mood away. That is when I saw it. A sign that said 'Good Mood Made' with a picture of a drink on it which looked so delicious and welcoming it was calling out to me like the ocean called out to Moana!

Starbucks's Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino! My darlings, THIS is carnival in a cup! If carnival was a drink it would be this one being offered at Starbucks! I was mind blown and swept off my feet and transported to another world as I sipped this deliciousness. One sip, two sips, third, fourth ... it was just pure awesome deliciousness!


"Funnel cake flavored syrup blended with milk and ice, layered with strawberry puree, whipped cream, and powdered-sugar-funnel-cake pieces." That's the way Starbucks describes this drink on their website. If you ask me, that is a major understatement. I mean, where's the pizzazz that this awesomeness deserves? You can't just blend the entire carnival in my cup and then give such a dull explanation for it! Let me do the honors! Ahem ahem!


Starbucks's Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino, my friends, is like drinking an ice cream sundae in Frappuccino form! It is sweet - quite sweet but not nauseating. It is refreshing - the kind you need on a hot day, and a cold day, actually everyday. There's the burst of juicy strawberry so good you really feel the slightly sweet slightly tangy flavors. There's the taste of that whipped cream throughout the drink - like a well made rich milkshake. Oh and then there's that funnel cake. The slight crunch of the icing sugar coated funnel cake pieces is the bit in this drink that blew my mind! That crunch, that flavor, that combo with the creaminess and the strawberry juiciness is just divine!

I found out later that the drink had two versions, one with coffee (as in the ad's picture) and one without (called the Crème Frappuccino). Crème darling and I were a perfect match because my tummy can't handle coffee and gets pooping. Hahaha! So this version was made for ME!!! On that extremely hot day, this wasn't enough. Abbie and I shared a tall size, like we always do but in my heart, I wanted to get ten more and just keep on drinking! This beautiful miraculously awesomely delicious drink was my last indulgence before I vowed to get into a serious weight loss diet to shed some chubabubb off of myself before my thirtieth birthday in October. It was the perfect choice for that reason too! I wish this was an year round drink instead of a seasonal one because this has definitely become one of my top favorites from Starbucks now! Whoever came up with this flavor ... THANK YOU! This is just heavenly!

A Bestie moment that shall be remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment