Friday, September 17, 2021

Out After An Eternity - Friday the 13th, Shopping, and Something Delicious



It was Friday the 13th, the sky was a gloomy blanket above our heads, the winds had an eerie echo, and there was something spooky in the ... JUST KIDDING! Hahaha! Of course I don't believe in Friday the 13th and any of that spooky stuff of myths and legends! Trust me, I have met people demon enough to leave very little room in my heart to be scared of the horror story villains in books and on TV! Hahaha! True story!

So even though I believe in none of the Friday the 13th stuff, I was indeed up to something spooky when the thirteenth of August fell on a Friday. After an eternity I was heading out for something other than groceries, vaccines, or any of that serious stuff with Abbie! Outings with just Abbie and I together all by ourselves are always my favorite. We don't really need much to enjoy ourselves except some peace, each other's company, and some time away from the boohoos of life! Finally, after almost two extremely long years wasted thanks to the pandemic, Abbie and I were out! It was an escape! It was freedom! It was such an awesome feeling and we had an absolute great day!

The main reason why we were out, the spooky bit of my story, was because we had to go pick up an order from Bath and Body Works! We just could not resist their Halloween/Fall collection and we'd bagged some spooktacular stuff which needed to be picked up. The best part was that our BBW is located in a local town center - aka the opportunity to make the perfect excuse and add a couple extra fun things to our day's agenda! Hahaha! After two years of not getting any fun bestie-time to ourselves this felt nothing less than going on a holiday! It was our mini vacation!

Our first stop was Barnes and Noble. Hey, it was in our way as we walked from our parking spot towards BBW, okay? Not our fault it became an extra stop that day. Trust me, when B&N's doors open there's a force that pulls me in. No, really! I promise. On that day too we had no plans to end up at B&N but as we walked past it on our way to BBW the door opened and some mysterious force pulled us in. It grabbed me by the arm and swept me off my feet and carried me inside and all the way to the Harry Potter section in the back of the store. Just being out, with Abbie, in a place that was themed Potter felt SO good. The little joys of my life! I'm easily pleased, yes?

The Harry Potter section at B&N was magical - OBviously (read that in Snape's voice)! I found so much new merch there which has since been added to my ever growing Potter Wish List. Funkos, books, collectible figures, games, journals, plushes, home decor stuff, more books ... there was SO much to look at, so much to love! I could honestly LIVE in that store, in that Potter section! Sadly though, we didn't have all day to linger around so, with the promise that we'd get back home and buy those journals that we were eyeing online, Abbie dragged me out of B&N! Hmph.

Next stop was Bath and Body Works! My nose arrived at BBW before my feet did, the beautiful scents of happiness were wafting through its doors all the way out to the street! Oh how I had missed this. How I had missed walking into the BBW store at the mall with Abbie! How I had missed taking a deep breath in to inhale the beautiful scents! I had missed you Bath and Body Works!!! It had been a VERY long time! We had finally reunited and it felt so good! I had to pick a hand sanitizer pocketbac for myself which I had missed ordering online, so we made our way through the store towards the sanitizers, sniffing goodness as we went. I took a bit of time picking a pocketbac that I liked and once I was done we headed to pick up our order. Oh, I cannot tell you how it felt when the lady walked out with our order in her hands. The familiar BBW bag was heading towards me, then it was in my hands, and I was peeking inside at my awesome order! The brand new Halloween collection items stared back at me! Yaaaaaassssssss!

Then we headed out of BBW even though I wanted to stay longer for no reason at all. Next and final stop for today was Safeway to pick up some groceries. After the happiness I had felt so far during the day, even groceries did not sound boring. Oh and they ended up NOT being boring at all because as soon as we reached Safeway, a sign outside announced more happiness for me. It was an ad for Starbucks's Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino! I was to begin a major weight loss diet the next day and THIS was the perfect indulgence before I shut away my cravings! It was calling me! Abbie and I decided to get one on our way out so I spent the entire grocery trip dreaming of that light at the end of my tunnel. Hahaha! Oh and when that light finally came in my hands ... MIND BLOWN! 


It was so good I just couldn't understand HOW this had happened to me. This drink was made for ME! This drink made our Bestie Day over the top awesome. Like I said, mind BLOWN completely!!! We sat in the parking lot, super tired after the grocery run, sipping away this brilliance. It was like being in a trance. We did not want to think about the day coming to an end. We'd MAJORLY escaped the boohoos today! It felt so BRILLIANT! We'd broken the rut and we were ready (hopefully!) to go back and face the boohoos head on once again! Hahaha! How I wish and pray and hope and will that the world heals soon so Bestie Days like such can return to us like normal once again!

Memories made!
*insert a million heart emojis here*

No comments:

Post a Comment