Friday, October 1, 2021

Less Than Twenty Days Left of My Twenties - Interviewing Myself

OMG can you believe this?
OCTOBER HAS BEGUN!
My birthday is just nineteen days away!
Not just any birthday ... My THIRTIETH birthday!
I'm going crazy with excitement!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Since in my own head and heart I consider myself no less than a celeb - *does the hair flip* - I'm going to interview myself today! Hahaha! Interviewing Saraallie in the last few days of her twenties!


Q. Okay, so what does it FEEL like with less than twenty days left in my twenties?
A. Honestly, it hasn't sunk in yet I think. Maybe it has to do with the fact that right now there's a lot of reno work happening in my house. With people working in every corner, painting, fixing doors, changing smoke alarms, washing carpets, polishing fireplaces ... I can't really feel the birthday vibes yet! I just know I have been excessively excited about turning thirty for a very very very long time now. Leaving my twenties feels adventurous. A lot changed within me in my twenties and I've experienced so much in the past decade ... I just can't wait to experience whatever my thirties have in store for me!

Q. Why are you so excited about turning thirty?
A. BECAUSE, you know?! It is THIRTY! It is such an exciting number! Such a big important age! We all know how much I look up to my sister Abbie, right? THIRTY is like the kind of age I always imagined associated with people like her, you know? Important, grown up, sophisticated people like her. Never with me. I was always a teenager or in my twenties but never thirty! Hahaha! I am SO excited! Just so excited! I feel like I'm going to be such a grown up important human now! Hahaha!

Q. People usually don't want to age. Especially Desi folks, they're always shying away from disclosing they are growing up and turning thirty and so on. Why don't you feel that way?
A. Oh please! I have never understood the fuss about people fretting over growing up. Especially Desi folks. I love reaching milestones! I feel so awesome! I feel like I am achieving something in life when I reach such milestones. I feel like I'm growing up and becoming more Abbie-like! (I'm obsessed with her, yes!) I was just speaking to one of my Insta buddies and she asked me why I was so excited and that when she was turning thirty about five years ago she didn't feel excited about being thirty at all. I honestly don't know why people say that! I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING THIRTY! Sure, it's great to be younger than any age at all but it's just as great to be growing up! It's exciting - it's a new adventure!

Q. Any special plans for your thirtieth birthday?
A. Yes! I want to do a little photoshoot with balloons and a backdrop and all. I want to do it on a separate day so I can step outside maybe and use the natural lighting to my advantage. Not sure how that will be possible with this reno work being never ending! I also don't know how Abbie will deal with me asking to take one million pictures. Her patience runs out in like two minutes! Hahaha! But that’s the plan! Of course I have also told Abbie what kind of cake I want and the kind of birthday theme! I just want a fun peaceful no-stress day!

Q. What do you think will change once you enter your thirties?
A. You know what? I really have no idea at all! Hahahaha! I don’t know what to expect from life, I don’t know what will happen, I have absolutely no clue! I don’t know what will change. Maybe just something in my head because I’ll feel all THIRTY and awesome but outside of my head I have no idea what I expect to change once I turn thirty!

Q. Are you happy with the way you've done your twenties? Satisfied with how you're beginning thirties?
A. Oh yes! I love who I have become in my twenties! I moved to the USA when I was eighteen and nearly turning nineteen. My early twenties spent settling here have shaped me up in ways I never even imagined possible. I’ve grown up to be someone I really like and I’m very happy and proud of that fact. Do I have a perfect life? No, definitely not at all. However, I’m happy with what I have. Very very happy actually. But does that mean I never feel low? Pshaw. Puhhhleeeez. Of course I do, that’s normal. I have my moment and then I get back up! There’s this quote I love ... “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” (Colette Werden) That’s my aim - the whole damn fire!

I’m ready to kiss my twenties goodbye!
Thirty - bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment