Thursday, December 2, 2021

Sara's Word ~ Back After the Family Birthday Season


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here I am! I am back! I have enjoyed a brilliant birthday season and now that all the family birthdays are over I have returned to blog about it all! Mischief managed!!! I have missed my blog so much but the break was much needed too. Especially because this year I was juggling a lot more than just birthdays. With the uninvited mouse guest in my house and the living room remodel type work and the kitchen that would never leave us alone, I had a lot more than just birthdays on my plate. With all of that happening it was best I took a break from blogging. Look how awesome that worked for me; I'm back with a fresh mind and so many ideas I want to blog about! *star shaped eyes bursting with excitement*

I'll start with the basics. What all have I been up to? Let me tell you!

Well, I took a break from blogging on my last weekend in my twenties and then the THIRTIES began! First of all, just a couple days before my birthday we spotted another mouse in the basement (second one!) so the panic was beyond control. I had very little hope left of celebrating my birthday properly. Mama even suggested canceling the whole thing (heart break sound) but then eventually everything worked out. All plans were changed and I improvised as best as I could and I still managed to have an awesome birthday!


My 30th birthday was celebrated at bro's place! Yes, that's how much plans had to be changed! Hahaha! Abbie, my darling, made me the cake of my dreams just how I wanted it and I took a million pretty pictures and ate delicious food. Was it perfect? No. Was it awesome? Yes! I was very happy and my birthday had been saved thanks to my crazy siblings! *flying kisses*

Then I switched off birthday mode and got into my mega cleaning mode. All the displaced furniture in my house thanks to getting carpets washed after the mouse episode had to be moved back and rearranged. Abbie and I worked day and night, literally, to bring back some order to the house. We were successful in doing so to a great extent.


At the same time I finally got a chance to take my breaking foot to my chiro. She said I had Plantar Fasciitis causing aches under my foot and Achilles Tendonitis causing the major pain behind my foot, around and behind the ankle. She tried regular therapy but when that didn't work she has started laser on my foot and I do feel some improvement happening since the past two visits so I'm hopeful.


In November I got my birthday mode on again to prep for Abbie and Gubby's birthdays. Looking for the perfect gifts, perfecting the themes, and making the cakes ... I just LOVE doing all of that! Gubby challenged me to host a 'no-theme' birthday where the theme would just be 'birthday' itself, Challenge accepted! I made her a happy vibes cake and she loved it! Then it was time to execute Abbie's birthday plan. My grand theme this year was a Pixie Disco Party!


The Pixie Disco Party came together fabulously! From getting Abbie gifts that blew her mind away, to making a cake complete with actual disco lights, and throwing her a disco dinner ... it was FABULOUS! Absolute FABULOUS! Lockhart would be very proud of me! Hahaha!

Immediately after all that partying I got no time to rest because I dived into bulk cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping. Abbie and I had to make sure we had everything prepared and ready for the entire week because we were to get our Covid booster shot!


And that, my darlings, brings me up to date all the way to today. I got my booster yesterday and today I'm lying limp on the sofa dealing with its side effects as I type up this blog post. Thank God Abbie did not feel too sick after her booster shot with just the annoying swollen and hurtful injection arm. I on the other hand have felt the full awfulness of it; body aches are killing me as every inch of my body hurts and I feel feverish even though I have no fever. I'm propped up in a near dead position over three cushions on the living room sofa as I type. Tylenol has been helping me get through today and cake and my Potter blanket, and my bestie Abbie who is trying her best not to get annoyed as I demand my one millionth hug of the day. Hahahahaha! If you're clingy and you know it catch a hug! Hugs hugs! If you're clingy and you know it then your face will surely show it, if you're clingy and you know it catch a hug! Hugs hugs!


But my body aches are no match for my stubborn fighter spirit. I've taken this opportunity of lying dead with nobody making me do any work at all to revive my blog. I've also been working on some Insta reels and posts and next I plan on catching up with Netflix and hopefully starting on my last book for the year by tonight. HA! Take THAT booster. You can't bring me down! Umm ... you can actually. But while I'm down I might as well do something worthwhile, right?

Stay tuned for SO much more awesomeness heading to my darling blog next!

Until my next,

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment