Saturday, April 13, 2019

Luna Lovegood's Exceptionally Ordinary Birthday Party

You're looking at the wacky, crazy, and rather exceptionally ordinary party which celebrated my awesome existence turning twenty seven years old. Abbie arranged it all, from the beautiful backdrop, to the posters, and the gorjabulous cake. The theme for my twenty seventh birthday this past year was Luna Lovegood! She's a personal favorite and so we decided we'd honor her. Luna Loony Lovegood, we love you so much, and it was super fun to party with that theme that day!

The Exceptionally Ordinary Birthday Cake
By Abbie the great

Abbie did an AHHH-MAZING job with my birthday cake. She designed it to look exactly like Luna's skirt. Stars, flowers, balloons, unicorns, thestrals, birds, hare, spectrespecs - EVERYTHING was on my cake. It was so beautiful I refused to cut into it! Hahaha! Seriously, don't I have the best sister in the world? The front of this beautiful cake boasted a large sized pair of Spectrespecs. All around the sides were the rest of the shapes and designs from Luna's skirt. On top, the cake had Luna's radish earrings, a sneaker to represent her lost shoes, and a gold sparkly Exceptionally Ordinary topper. A bling ribbon around the bottom finished off the cake with sparkly shine! Let me show off some gorgeous close ups. Warning: They are too too awesome and may leave you stunned!

The sparkly Exceptionally Ordinary cake topper in all its glory!

Abbie shaped the radish earrings by hand from fondant! They're so perfect!

The sneaker - to represent her stolen shoes!

Spectrespecs - hand made from fondant by Abbie. IN LOVE with these!

THIS CAKE WAS STUNNING!
It screamed Luna Lovegood no matter where I looked!
Abbie's the best! Seriously! Each and every shape, everything was just so detailed and so pretty!

The birthday decor perfectly matched the awesomeness of the Exceptionally Ordinary cake. Abbie hung up a gold sequined backdrop to match the dazzling cake topper and then decorated with posters of the Quibbler magazine and Luna Lovegood's quotes. All my birthday cards formed part of the loony display, with the gorgeous cake in the center of course! My friend made me Harry Potter themed cookies and got me a Dobby Funko and we displayed that as part of the birthday decor too. It was perfect for the occasion!

Purple and gold balloons, Honeydukes candy, and the wacky birthday cards!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Oh I was so so so so sooooooooo happy that day! The cake was so beautiful, the birthday decor was so perfect, I was feeling on top of the world. I love birthdays and to celebrate them Harry Potter style just makes me feel extra ordinary! Or should I say, exceptionally ordinary? *laughs*

Here's a close up of the Harry Potter themed cookies!

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!
Abbie got me the illustrated edition boxed set for my birthday! I'd been eyeing these beautiful books for months and I finally finally finally got them! Can you imagine how ecstatic these books must have made me? I wanted to jump around hugging them all over the world, but they were too heavy! Hahahahahaha!

That is the most beautiful birthday card in the world. It was made by my niece Gubby only and only for me. She said she made it purple and glittery because that's what I love. *emotional tears*

But wait, there's more to the birthday theme in addition to the decor and the cake. That's not where the party theme ended. I even dressed up Luna themed to make it all even more awesome-er! Check out my beautiful Luna Lovegood inspired outfit!
I wore a gorgeous shirt that said, "You're just as sane as I am." It had the spectrespecs too! I also wore the same Luna Lovegood inspired skirt that Abbie had turned into my cake's design. Pink funky shoes and sparkly rings added the sass and bling to my Luna outfit. I looked awesome and the extra bright smile I had on my face that day ... cherry on top of the cake ... my birthday cake, in this case! Haha!

I have the best sister in the world, that's for sure. She put in so much heart and effort in my birthday celebrations - it just makes my heart so so very happy.
I had the best 27th birthday ever!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

2 comments: