Thursday, April 2, 2020

Butterbeer Fudge ~ A Magic Of Its Own Kind

A glass case full of sweet stuff of all kinds has to be one of my greatest weaknesses. Each and every time I see one I'm instantly transported to my childhood; a food loving kid with her nose pressed against the glass case of our neighborhood's club's bakery, needing every single pastry and dessert the glass case held. Mmm mmmmm ... So naturally, the glass cases at Honeydukes and Sugar Plum Sweets at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter spark the same craving deep within my heart. Only, it is different this time. This time, they withhold magic! Those sweets, although they look ordinary, are magical. No kidding! I swear! And on my most recent visit to the Wizarding World I finally was able to get my hands on one such magical treat which I had been wanting to try since a while. BUTTERBEER FUDGE.

Butterbeer fudge.
Butter-beer-fudge.
Wizards and Muggles, I have zero words glorious enough to appropriately describe and do these treats justice. They're just ... a magic of their own kind!

Now, before I go on any further, it must be made absolutely clear that I am a HUGE fan of Butterbeer! I've never tried the hot or the regular versions but frozen Butterbeer has all of my heart and soul! I live my life in the anticipation of when I will get to visit my world next and get major brain freeze from Butterbeer. It's the kind of drink that has stayed with me no matter how much time passes since my last visit there. The sweetness of it, the frothiness of it, the magic of it ... I can smell it just as I think of it ... I can feel it on my tongue ... I can feel the soothing way it goes down my throat ... I JUST LOVE BUTTERBEER!!!

My love for Butterbeer is what made me so excited when Abbie said, "Lets try the fudge!" We'd been eyeing the fudges at Honeydukes a day before but we'd already had way too much dessert for a day so we'd skipped it and came out with Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts only. But the next day when we were in Diagon Alley and we stepped inside Sugarplum's Sweet Shop for some more shopping, it just happened. The universe aligned and a heavenly light shined on us from above, illuminating Abbie and I in the checkout queue and Sugarplum's glass case of magical treats. All else ceased to exist in that moment. It was just us and the treats and just then the platter labeled 'Butterbeer flavored fudge' shined bright like gold and we heard a sweet sound in our ears, like sweet chimes being blown merrily by the heavenly winds. It was meant to be. The Butterbeer Fudge called to us ... it chose us ... it wanted us to try it. "One Butterbeer Fudge please!" and the swipe of our Muggle card later it was in our hands, still glowing gold and wafting of the most deliciously delicious smell ever ...

Okay, fine. It may not have happened EXACTLY like that. I may have imagined the gold lights and the glows and the chimes. FINE. But that piece of fudge really did call to me, okay? OKAY!
(It did happen ... hmph.)

Now how do I describe this. It's like I said, words will not do justice to how delicious this was. Butterbeer Fudge is a two layered piece of deliciousness. The bottom layer is what represents the beer part and the top is an ode to that froth without which Butterbeer is just not Butterbeer. As soon as I bit into it I knew this was going to be our new 'thing' to do whenever we visited. Soft and creamy and fudgey and sweet. Extra sweet actually. Fans of Butterbeer will know the drink is SWEET. Actually sweet. So of course when they made it into fudge form it turned out to be extra sweet too. But to me it wasn't the kind of sweet that doesn't go down your throat. It was just the right dose of sinful indulgence.

I took a full bite of it - both layers going together in my mouth. And it just happened. Magic. The flavors exploded. I was tasting Butterbeer; it was the same cream soda-ish caramel-ish sweet-ish flavor. But it was also something more because that top layer has that white chocolatey taste to it. Oooooooooooooooooh my God. What was this? What had just happened to me? Whaaaaaaaat was I going to do with my life now? How would I live without this now? This surely had to be magic. It was delicious beyond control. Abbie and I shared a piece and saved some for our nieces to try back at the hotel. The fudge is fudgey so duh it is heavy! It is that perfect piece of magical indulgence I needed to brilliant-ify an already perfect day at my beloved Wizarding World!

It's official. From that moment onward Butterbeer Fudge officially got added to my list of must-dos at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I don't think a trip to that magical heaven would be complete without this magical treat now. I am an absolute dolt for not thinking of buying more of these and bringing them home. I mean, yes, they wouldn't have lasted forever. But they'd have lasted a couple days at least right? I would have had more to devour, right? But nooooooo, it never occurred to me that I should buy and fly em back home! *smacks her head* What an idiot. I guess I can spend the rest of my life waiting for when I'll get to eat another piece of Butterbeer Fudge again ... *sighs*

And it did happen. Hmph!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

6 comments:

  1. LOL! I never thought butterbeer could get that much details!

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Living the Twenties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! :D I can't stop writing about it!

      Delete
  2. Butterbeer fudge sounds delicious. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I bet it's something you could make at home too. Yum! Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssssss I'm sure there must be a recipe online somewhere. Though the real charm is getting it at the Wizarding World and devouring it right there! :D

      Delete
  3. I've tried frozen Butterbeer, but not the fudge. It looks delicious. So glad the universe made it happen for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Hahaha, yes the universe made it happen for me!!!
      YOU SHOULD TOTALLY TRY THE FUDGE NEXT TIME YOU GET A CHANCE! :D

      Delete