Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Liquid Luck ~ A Day at the Parks with Felix Felicis

"Bottled good fortune. Brewed correctly the drinker of this potion will be lucky in all their endeavours, but be warned … excessive consumption is highly toxic and can cause extreme recklessness." - Zygmunt Budge


I wake up in that beautiful room at Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The blue looks familiar and welcoming, promising me a great day ahead at the Universal Parks. I head over to the Bay Liner Diner to fetch us all some delicious breakfast. With my overloaded veggies and cheese omelette, I pull out a little delicate looking vial from my purse and stare at its contents. Magical gold, like molten lava, stares back at me. I twist open the top and take a carefully measured sip. The molten lava like liquid gold goes down my throat, spreading through every inch of my body, without me knowing it. Then, I put on my Deathly Hallows sneakers and head out for the parks with Abbie by my side.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing... or at least, Felix does."

That's right. Liquid luck. Felix Felicis. Imagine a day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Universal Orlando Resort with Felix Felicis. How extraordinarily awesome would it be!!!??? That is what I'm imagining today, that is what I'm going to dream about, that is what I'm going to write about. What a beautiful dream ...


Just a little bit of Felix in my system and I'm heading for the most perfectly flawless day at the parks. I obviously reach Cabana's bus stand to find the bus ready and waiting for me. It is the bus with Harry printed on its body so I can take the perfect pictures starting very early in the morning. The bus then drops us at the usual spot near the escalator that goes straight to the security checkpoints. Abbie and I walk up to the entrance to find the crowds are very very low. Perfect!

I find the moving walkways working, they aren't 'resting' or out of order and I'm speeding through it all until I reach the Wizarding World in no time at all. The weather is so beautiful. It is not hot and not cold - just the perfect temperature. The sun is not out but it isn't a dull and rainy day - the clouds are friendly today, blocking just enough sun to give me a happy and bright day without the heat. Abbie and I reach the magical brick entrance of Diagon Alley and there's nobody entering along with us so we get a perfect video and picture of this iconic place.


And then we have the most perfect day ever. Felix tells me we should head to Gringotts first to ride The Escape From Gringotts. As I make my way there I realize the wait time is only five minutes and the lockers are empty and waiting for me to stuff my bag in. Inside Gringotts I get the perfect picture taken and then enjoy the awesome ride in the front row seats of the Gringotts's cart! But before that, thanks to the five minute wait time, I get near-empty pictures inside the bank with the goblins. Then we head over to Florean Fortescue's to get us some ice cream where they give me extra toppings and generous sized scoops to indulge in. I proceed outside to find the dragon ready to breathe fire. As soon as it does I get the perfect picture of my ice cream against the fire breathing dragon. Insta perfect! Abbie and I sit near Celestina's stage to enjoy our ice cream and soon she comes to perform. At the end of her show she calls me on stage. I'm obviously not shy, nor nervous, because ... FELIX!

With the most stunning pictures taken with Celestina and her Banshees I proceed to Ollivander's. Guess what? I finally finally FINALLY get chosen for the wand choosing ceremony! What a dream come true. I didn't even have to try and be all animated and obvious for them to notice me ... I was chosen just like that! And then I walk out of the store after purchasing the wand that chose me - which is not something plain like I feared it might end up to be ... it's gorgeous and fancy looking and very very awesome. We spend an awesome day shopping in all the stores in Diagon Alley and then we get Butterbeer Fudge from Sugar Plum's where Felix tells me I should now head over to board the Hogwarts Express.

A five minute wait time and I board the Hogwarts Express to get off at the Hogsmeade station and proceed to the beautiful village of Hogsmeade. The conductor waves at me. I wave back. I even get the wave on camera! Yayyy! Then I make my way to Honeydukes where we buy three chocolate frogs. I unwrap them to find three new different Wizard Cards - they're absolutely brand new and brilliant additions to my collection. Then Abbie and I head to the Three Broomsticks for lunch. Hardly any wait time as they bring us our Mac and Cheese and Sticky Toffee Pudding! Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!


Next we make our way through the shops, shopping along as we go and having the time of our lives. We finish our shopping to find Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure has a ten minute wait time only! Now that is a miracle for sure - or it is Felix! Felix also gives me the right bit of confidence to brave through that insane roller coaster. I do not freak out. I do not get scared at all and I enjoy it to the max! Forbidden Journey next! My most favorite ride in the world has a five minute wait time too. I spend extra time inside Hogwarts though. Then I scream in joy as I follow Harry through the Forbidden Journey.

Guess what happens as we exit Filch's Emporium after the ride? We see a five minute wait time for Flight of the Hippogriff and this time we finally end up riding it. It's super fun, especially thanks to Felix getting rid of my fear of roller coasters. I happily exit the ride and then my heart stops ... look at what I see ... right there ahead of me, in front of Hogwarts's main gates ... J.K. ROWLING!!!

SHE IS STANDING THERE!!! I see fans going up to her, to meet her, to get pictures, to get autographs. I make my way there too, super glad that the parks aren't so busy today. I walk up to her, she smiles wide at me, I'm in tears! I thank her for ... well, for my entire life basically! I thank her for Harry Potter and I get a beautiful picture with her and she signs my custom wand for me - the one that chose me earlier today at Ollivander's. I have a little chat with her too, asking her so many Potter questions I've had in mind since forever. I hug her. I shake her hand. I just stare and thank her and just thank her again!!!


This is just insane. How am I even handling so much awesome in a day? Oh, wait, I know ... FELIX. Abbie and I head over to get ourselves a frozen Butterbeer. It is much needed after the magical encounter we've just had with Rowling! We head to the Butterbeer cart and learn that the next few Butterbeers are free in honor of Rowling visiting the Wizarding World today. FREE FROZEN BUTTERBEER YOU GUYS!!! Are you even listening to this?! Abbie and I get one and share. We enjoy the Butterbeer while we watch the Hogwarts choir perform. And then finally, it is time to head back to the hotel.

It has been a fabulous day and there's just one more stop we have to make before we end this perfection: Honeydukes! We get ourselves a Cauldron Cake to go so we can enjoy it over dinner later. Felix assures me that it won't melt or squish on our way back. Brilliant. As I walk back towards the exit I can't help but notice how I feel refreshed today even after an entire day of walking - where's the aching feet and back? Wow!!! Somehow, in my heart, I also have a feeling that today all those calories consumed won't end up on around my bum and thighs! Hahahaha!


Back at the hotel, as I feel the effects of Felix Felicis finally wearing off, I snuggle up in the cozy bed and flip through the pictures in my phone to relive the perfection I'd experienced today. My outfit is perfect in each and every one of the million pictures I've taken today. I look gorgeous. The lighting is perfect, the direction of the wind is in my favor, the angle is perfect. These pictures are flawless!!! My Instagram and Facebook will be VERY happy and my scrapbook should get ready too!

But then my phone flashes 'Low Battery!' and I have to get out of my cozy bed to set it up for charging. Just then, I remember I have a Cauldron Cake waiting for me in the fridge. But I feel too full to indulge in it right now. So reluctantly, I head to bed, making a mental note that I'd eat Cauldron Cake for breakfast in the morning. *Yawns* Good night!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment