Thursday, April 13, 2017

Killer Cookies and Cream Cupcakes


If you're an Oreo cookie lover, you've reached your destination.
These cupcakes are a cookie lover's dream!

These Cookies and Cream cupcakes are a killer! They slay with their look, taste, and flavor.
I'd always wanted to bake something cookies and cream and when I finally did I went crazy with the kind of delicious that had been achieved! I promise - I can't decide which part of these cupcakes was my most favorite. The sponge? The frosting? The drizzled glaze? The overload of cookies? Aahhhhhhhhhhh ... too much amazing in just one cupcake!!!


To make these killer cupcakes I added a FULL Oreo cookie to the base, topped it with chocolate cupcake batter in which I crushed more cookies. Now please pause and imagine: A FULL Oreo in the base plus MORE crushed Oreos in the ENTIRE cupcake. This was literally a chunk of cookie in every single bite! I repeat: A big chunk of Oreo cookies in every single one of that scrumptious bite of cupcake!


The cupcake sponge was loaded with cookies so why shouldn't the frosting be loaded too? I whipped up the most creamiest cream cheese frosting to swirl on top of these cupcakes and then crushed a million more Oreos and then mixed it all together and ohhhhhhhhh my God. The frosting - I could eat it by the spoonfuls. I could eat it by the SPOONFULS people ... I could eat it by the SPOONFULS! No, I could dive into a bucket full of it headfirst and not emerge till the entire thing was finished! IT WAS SO GOOD. SO SO SO GOOD. But I wasn't done there so I decided to achieve my ultimate fantasy and drizzled a glorious chocolate glaze over the frosting too.

Okay. I've died and reached heaven.
Over the glaze .. guess what? ANOTHER half of an Oreo cookie.
BAM! Perfection at its finest.


They looked so stunning.
Wait till you see the insides! They'll blow you away!

SEEEEE? OH MY GOD. That whole Oreo in the base and then the entire sponge LOADED with chunks of cookies! So delicious! SO VERY DELICIOUS!


I was in love with not only how this killer cupcake tasted but also how it looked. See the perfect chocolate sponge peeking out from underneath the frosting ... beautiful! I was drooling over the dirty look of that cookies and cream frosting. See what the crushed cookies did to the cream cheese frosting? That dirty brownish look ... how can something be so perfect? BEAUTIFUL! Then look at that glaze, drizzling in all the right places. Then check out that Oreo on top.
BEAUTIFUL. BEAUTIFUL. BEAUTIFUL.

Time to eat cookies!

What a perfect killer cupcake! Mmmm mmmmm ...



All the mouth-watering pictures in this post are original Sara's Baked Creations' content. Please have some shame and refrain from copying, recreating, and cheating without giving proper credit and mention!
Sara’s Baked Creations is on Mission Sweetness! Sara and Abbie are hobby bakers who bake for friends and family only. We are not a commercial bakery business; it gives us joy to spread smiles while enjoying sisterhood and living our passion for baking.


Connect with me and the awesomeness of Sara's Baked Creations everywhere!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our Instagram!
Visit the website!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge that I'm participating in this year!

8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Now I want a cookie and cream cupcake. :(


    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing cupcakes! I can imagine they would be a hit at a party. I shared the link with my daughter.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Kibble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Trudy! :D
      I hope she bakes some for you soon! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Those are Killer! I'm drooling all over the keyboard right now.

    JEN @ Lexical Creations
    For Writers and Readers: K is for Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha! I warned the world before April began! There will be lots of drooling! Hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Your cupcakes look fabulous. I might have to give this a try. I love cookies and cream. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hope you try them soon! They'll be delicious!

      Delete